​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan's "First" Television Appearance

This is a clip made with my iphone. I think you might best be able to hear it using your earphones. I'm trying to get the full interview with her onto youtube, but for now, try out this clip.Some of you may not have seen this before. On rare occasions it appears on TCM. This is a rare little gem. Susan is being interviewed by George Murphy for a television show called MGM On Parade. This was in the mid 50's and it was, of course, to publicize "I'll Cry Tomorrow."

Let me know if you can hear it/view it... thanks

Re: Susan's "First" Television Appearance/youtube

okay, here is the youtube embed

Re: Susan's "First" Television Appearance/youtube/note

The clip on youtube is the full interview.

In case you are having trouble finding the MGM clip on youtube, copypaste the url below or click the website icon below.. thanks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aB_gPj2j8c

Ginger, I remember seeing this segment on the MGM Parade some years ago and I did tape it at that time. This is a wonderful addition. Thanks for bringing this to all Susan's fans. It's been a-while since I saw it last.

Hi ,

For those who have the WB official DVD of "I'll cry tomorrow' ,released in 2007 or 2009 i don't remember , that MGM parade with Susan's interview is one of the many bonuses on the DVD.

there are also images of the movie premiere with Susan and Lilian Roth and other clips ...

Thanks, Phillipe. I did not realize the MGM show was on the dvd. I don't have the dvd but I will be getting it.

Like Phillippe, I had seen the Murphy interview of Susan on the DVD of "I'll Cry Tomorrow." The DVD included a clip of Lillian Roth as well, in a comedic skit about screen writers trying to come up with a movie vehicle for her back in what looked like the height of her fame in the thirties (at least, that's how I remember it).

Re: Susan's "First" Television Appearance

Hi Ginger, you said to let you know about the audio, cannot hear it at all, however, it was really good just to view it. thanks. Bob

Bob, I re-checked the youtube, MGM on Parade (the one on this post and the one at youtube), and I can hear the sound on my computer, so I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem hearing the audio on the MGM on Parade youtube clip. It's coming through fine for me.

Thanks..

Looks as if I may have Bob's problem with sound Ginger. The You Tube loads and plays immediately, and visually it is fine, but audio - wise ? Only a near indiscernible low murmur.
But as Bob says - it looks good anyway...

Kerry

Kerry, okay.. thank you...I don't know why it plays for me and not for others...I'll see if I can get any feedback on youtube about it..

See how you go Ginger - you usually are quite busy and have a lot on your plate. It may just be the type of browser that Bob and I have that is not fully compatible with You Tube. I believe they recently upgraded and have a message that many people's browsers are 'out of date' and not 'supported'. I think it means that one can still access material there and play it - but some features of some videos may no longer display adequately.

It would help if we knew whether other members have the same trouble or if it is just Bob and myself.

Kerry

Kerry,

I can hear the sound on the embedded copy of Susan's
appearance. I have Mozilla Firefox as a web browser.

Thanks Amy - it may well be the browser situation. When one accesses You Tube (and presumably has an 'out of date' browser bu You Tube standards), the message " your browser is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a modern browser" appears and Mozilla Firefox is the very first of the suggested five alternatives.

Also just luck too I imagine, since despite the announcement, I have been able to watch and hear a whole variety of clips on You Tube with no problem, but Susan's may be the exception.

Kerry