​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FANTASTIC NEWS FOR US ALL.

I am so pleased to be able to tell those of you who don't already know that a new book is coming out on Susan called BROOKLYN'S SCARLETT. It will be released this September and this time, the author Gene Arceri writes alone and not in conjunction with Robert LaGuardia, as was the case with RED. Gene is a big fan of Susan's so I believe we will be in for a treat. This book will be published by BearManor Media and I can hardly wait to get my copy.

Trish

Re: FANTASTIC NEWS FOR US ALL.

This is fantasic news, I can hardly wait. I wonder what the cover is going to look like? I am so thrilled about this. Our Susan lives on and on in everyone's heart that she touched.

Ray,

The cover of the book is adorned with the beautiful picture from the cover of The Saturday Evening Post and Susan looks WONDERFUL. Gene Arceri's book is tipped to be the ultimate on Susan. It's about time all the inaccuracies written about her were corrected.

Trish

Exciting news Trish, thanks for sharing :-)

Hopefully the cover will have a color photo of Susan featuring her legendary bright auburn red hair....and her beautiful redheaded complexion...preferably from the late fourties ,early fifities when both her beauty and super stardom were reaching their peak...

I also pray for lots of photos in the book,especially color photos because Susan's beauty takes an extra dimension..in color :

She was , is, after all the most beautiful redhead of them all and only color pics can do justice to that.

How exciting.Trish; how do you find thses things out?
Seems unusual for someone who has already written a
book on a particular personality to write another more
than twenty years later-but hey whose complaining!!
Tim Barker posted once that none of the books written
so far had gotten a handle on his mother's real
persona; I wonder if he'll be more satisfied with this
new biography; can't wait till September!

Elaine,

I find out different things about Susan by always searching through the Internet. You would be surprised at what comes up that hadn't been there the last time I looked!! I have also been fortunate enough to purchase some old scrapbooks on Ebay compiled by a fan of Susan's who lived in Seattle so have many references to fall back on. Of course, I have been collecting on her for sixty years but my moral is - don't believe everything you read as people make up a lot of tales.

This book was actually mentioned on a letter a fan had written on Susan's YouTube site so I progressed from there by looking up Gene Arceri and finding out the book is to be published by BearManor Media. Check it out and you will see the proposed cover of the book - as I said - the wonderful cover from the Saturday Evening Post. A stunning picture and indeed showing the wonderful red tresses Philippe.

Gene Arceri co-wrote RED with Robert LaGuardia but I believe this could be a more "truthful" account of Susan's life as Gene has interviewed many people who met Susan over the years. I say "met" because only her family would really have known her. We shall see but many thanks to Gene for bringing Susan back to the public's awareness. It will be very interesting to read this book - roll on September!

Trish

Hello, I am very familiar with the cover of the Saturday Evening Post dated October 7, 1939; infact I mailed a copy of this great looking color cover to Ginger to post on the site, but as of now, it was not posted. Susan is beautiful on the cover showing her red hair and red lips. Maybe this will be a good time to post this cover for other fans can appreciate and admire it, incase some fans are not familiar with the cover. Ginger must still have it.
There has been countless stories of how Edythe Marrener came to Hollywood to audition for the part of Scarlett, every known female star in Hollywood wanted to play Scarlett in 1937. There has been various revisions over the years if Selznick was credited for bringing Susan to Hollywood after seeing Susan on this cover, but it was in 1939.!! Other stories claim that George Cukor saw the article in the Post "Merchant of Venus" and noticed Susan.
Thanks Trish for being up on these matters you're a real trooper!!!

I'll look for it, Ray and will post. I just have to go through all the photos....

Very interesting about the book, Trish.

Interesting, although I certainly don't expect any revelations...like I stated before, no one knows her real story...what happened behind closed doors - and there were many.

Tim Barker

Here is a link to Bear Manor Media...

http://bearmanormedia.bizland.com/id431.html

As the article states: much of what was gleaned came from the author's contact with her Brother (my Uncle) Walter Marrenner...He was around, very infrequently, while my Mom was married to my Dad and later Eaton. He passed in 1986...I hardly expect he revealed what transpired while they were growing up as kids (with my Aunt Florence) in Brooklyn...I can assure that no one saw the elephant(s) in the living room...

PT/TB