​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WARM WISHES....FOR OUR BIRTHDAY...LADAY...>>>>

FINALLY....My computer (and the whole area) has been down all day today, but it looks like I will still get to send Birthday Wishes, while it is still Susan's birthday.

I have never missed sending wishes on 'her day' before and was all upset, because I had to leave tonight to go and see the Broadway musical version of DISNEY'S TARZAN
The show was...sooo bad...that we left at intermission and when I got home...the computer was up and running, so I am sending....

WARM WISHES...AND...THINKING LOVING THOUGHTS

ALWAYS.....

TO OUR...DEAR...SUSAN....

I sent an email this past week, to Robert Osborne at Turner Classic Movies and asked him to PLEASE REPLY back...on..WHY...their great channel always ignores SUSAN...Not only on her birthday, but as Star of the Month...or even a line of films in a row, as they do for so many other...undeserving actors, who couldn't hold a candle to the likes of Susan.

Of course..I have not heard anything back, but did remind him that it would have been nice to have given her the same kind of tribute, on her birthday, as they have done for so many other actors when their day comes around.

I even mentioned a few that I found hard to swallow the fact, that they were getting high praise and their films shown all at one time....such as...
PENNY SINGLETON...DONNA REED...ARLENE DAHL...KAY FRANCIS...RUTH ROMAN.

I am not saying that these actors do not deserve their day in the sun...BUT SO DOES OUR SUSAN and it is a real SLAP when she is never considered.

Instead...we have NATALIE WOOD...as child star and adult star as the STAR OF THE MONTH OF JUNE.

They have even done tributes to BESTY DRAKE, LESLIE CARON, MARJORIE MAIN...and so many other actresses who (some of them) were not even leading ladies...but
they SNUB...OUR LADY EVERY TIME.

It might help if others would write in and ask them to play her films and give her the TRIBUTE she deserves.

In the meantime...WE ARE ALL STILL HERE...AND ALWAYS WILL BE...FOR OUR LOVELY....SUSAN HAYWARD.

I hope she is looking down and smiling...knowing that WE are still here...and still loving her..always.

God Bless...Errol

Re: WARM WISHES....FOR OUR BIRTHDAY...LADAY...>>>>

I don't know why they don't pay tribute. She was such a major star-particularly during the fifties-you'd think maybe they would lease/borrow some of her movies from 20th Century-Fox, and come up with a decent tribute.

When I read they do tributes to Betsy Drake or Penny Singleton (who is only remembered for the Blondie movies), and skip Susan, something ain't right with TCM.