​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Meeting Susan Hayward

A terrific story Libby and well written. As others have observed, it evoked mental pictures of the event for the reader as if we were there with you.

Tim visits Ginger's site here often. It will certainly bring back youthful memories for him as well.

Along with Errol who occasionally visits here, you are one of the few people posting on the site who had the great good fortune to actually meet and speak with Susan Hayward.

Thanks for your shared moment

Kerry

Hi, Libby:

Like you, I became acquainted with -- or should I say enchanted by -- Susan Hayward when I was age 12. That's when I first saw "With a Song in My Heart" at the theater. (I saw it twice, till my mother sent my father to drag me home!)

It's amazing to me still, these many years later, that the enchantment never left me.

I am so envious of you and Errol, for you both had met her personally. The closest I ever got was when I stayed at the same hotel in Rome that she'd stayed in while filming "The Honey Pot." Unfortunately, we were not there at the same time.

Thanks to her films, which her fans play over and over, we get to see her whenever we want. And thanks to Ginger's wonderful web site, we can talk to each other about her.

I hope you'll come back often, Libby. It's so nice to have yet another fan of Susan Hayward on board!

Gloria

Libby,

Yup...the perfume she was wearing was "JOY", the only one she ever used...Aunt Fanny's Cabin...I remember that place well!!!

PT/TB

Libby, What a joy it must have been to actually meet Susan. Thank you so much for this trip down memory lane. Susan was very much the movie star.

Hello Libby...Like Kerry said..I do visit the site whenever I can, but have been busy with shows lately.
I know...'the feeling'...of meeting our dear Lady. I only wish mine had been a better meeting, like yours was
and I still amaze myself..on what I said to her that night at the Joey Bishop tv show. It is here on Ginger's site, if you haven't already read it. I even wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes, and that moment in my life comes back to me. I relive it all..and
shudder..at the final outcome.

Thank you so very much for sharing a wonderful experience...one that we can all dream of happening.

My Best..Errol