​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Susan/Santa Monica Yacht Harbor

Ginger:

Happy to see the photo up. The sign is still there in all its glory and at night it is lit up with neon lights. Beyond the sign is the famous Santa Monica pier, where I've spent many weekends.

BTW, there was another photo in the publication I sent (which commemorated the 100th anniversary of the pier), with Susan sitting with her legs draped over a ledge. At least I think so. More of a closeup view. I'll have to find my copy of the pub to see for sure.

The last time I was at the beach I noticed that the photo was featured in a kiosk describing the history of the pier. It was great to see but wish Susan was identified in the photo.

Funnily enough, even tho the sign says "yacht harbor", it never was used for that purpose. So much for truth in advertising.

Jill

Hi Ginger:

I checked the publication and the photo I mentioned is on page 22. Do you still have the publication? Hope you can scan this photo because it is more of a closeup shot.

Jill

Jill, I just seem to have one page of the publication, that had the group picture, but maybe the other part is here somewhere. I'll keep looking.

Ginger:

I sent you two pages of the publication, with post-it notes flagging the two photos in question. Oh well, hope you can find it. If not, maybe I can part with my one last copy if I can get it back from you after you scan it.

Jill