​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
31st Annual Academy Awards - You Tube, page 4 on Susan's site.

AT LONG LAST - Some great shots of Susan kissing Eaton and running down the aisle to accept her Oscar, albeit shaky filming but excellent close-ups. Unfortunately there is no sound but later a fascinating array of stars a few years earlier.
This is wonderful to be able to view Susan on this special day in her life.

Trish

Re: 31st Annual Academy Awards - You Tube, page 4 on Susan's site.

Believe it or not, Trish, I remember it well, even though it was a half century ago! She was obviously so very happy.

It was also nice to see so many other stars. I may have missed some, but I recognized Greer Garson, Maureen O'Hara, Joan Fontaine, Jeanne Crain, Jane Wyman, Ginger Rogers, Piper Laurie, Leslie Caron, Merle Oberon, and an odd-looking Joan Crawford. Good to see Ingrid Bergman, too. And, of course, how could we miss Jerry Lewis, hamming it up.

But it was definitely Susan's night, and deservedly so.

This is Hollywood at it's best, they don't make movie stars like these anymore. Susan looked just stunning and so happy. This is a great video of Susan kissing Eaton. She was the best movie star there. All the faces I reconized..Elaine Stewart, Louella Parsons, Merle Oberon, so many...
Thanks Trish for the heads up on this wonderful fine.

Trish,
Where did you find this particular film? Amazing!
I've seen the tape of Susan and David Niven winning
their Oscars many times on You Tube, but something
was always missing till now..... I haven't seen THAT
KISS for 52 years. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to see IT again. What an exciting night that was!

Elaine,

This video was made by someone under the name Janaskilbova - I just found it on the You Tube site. I am always searching through Susan's site there for anything new on her.

I was excited to find this gem as being British I was unable to see the original back in 1959!! To see this in close-up is amazing, despite the flickering shot.

The latter part of the video is clearly from the 25th Academy Awards (1953) and of great interest to lovers of "Old Hollywood", including myself.

There are now a few videos showing Susan on "Her" special night on You Tube and one does have her speaking. We are so fortunate to be able to see treasures like these even if Kim Novak does choose an innoportune moment to adjust her dress!

Having just returned from a vacation in Montana, I was thrilled to catch up with Comet Over Broadway on tv which I had never seen. Susan was in a "blink and you'll miss her" scene but unmistakably recognizable and lovely as ever.

TRISH

Trish, thank you! That is a wonderful clip. I had seen a clip of Susan running down the aisle but I had not remembered seeing her kiss Eaton.

Also, the film of the stars afterwards is so nostalgic and a reminder of days gone by. That video is a real treasure.