​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BACK STREET out on DVD

Didn't see that anyone has posted this previously. Please excuse if it is a duplicate. Movies Unlimited has released a DVD of BACK STREET - both the Irene Dunne one from 1941 as well as Susan's from 1961 - on one DVD. They say that it is an exclusive, and I guess it is as it seems no other reputable site such as Amazon has anything other than the VHS. Here is the link to the DVD:

http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/product.asp?sku=D31293

Libby

Re: BACK STREET out on DVD

Thank you for the info Libby..I did not know about this release!

I colllect Susan's movies on DVD ,so i have just ordered this new one on Movies unlimited site.

nice to get it together with the beautiful 1941 version of Back Street starring two other great actors (Margaret Sullavan and Charles Boyer.)

Hopefully the color DVD transfer of "Back street" 1961 ( one of my favourite Susan Hayward movies) will be sharp and colourful....

fingers crossed!

Again thanks for posting the info.

Philippe

Regarding BACK STREET,the 1941 and 1961 versions will be shown back to back on TCM this Sunday starting at
8:00PM. ENJOY!!

I've had a DVD of Back Street with Susan Hayward for a few years now, but I can't remember where I'd ordered it from. The color isn't great, so I wonder if it could have originally been a VHS that was transferred to DVD.

Well i received my copy of the official DVD of "Backstreet" from TCM/Movies unlimited...and ALAS i have to say the transfer is not a very good one...It is extremely grainy....such a pity...

I had hoped for grat DVD quality for one of the greatest Susan hayward performaces....but NO....

i am sad.....

Phil.

Philippe,
Sorry to hear your copy of BACK STREET is not what
you hoped for;I got my DVD through TCM.com. If you
don't have access to that website,I will be glad to
send you my copy. To be honest,I was curious about
those bonus features as advertized in the TCM promos;
no big deal. As I already have the VHS and BACK STREET,though lavish,is not my favorite SH movie,
I'de be happy to share with another fan. Let me know.

As I'd mentioned before, I've had a DVD of "Back Street" for a few years now, and the color isn't that good. So I had assumed it was a copy taken from a TV showing.

Well, TCM did show the movie again a couple weeks ago, and I viewed it just to see if there was any difference between the color on my DVD and this TCM viewing. Nope. Same thing. So obviously, the TCM issue isn't any better. Guide yourselves accordingly.

The only thing I don't have on my DVD is any backstory, which again convinces me it was copied from a TV showing.