​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Susan Hayward A Legend

Hi Ray...Yes...Susan was truly a legend and the 'best' of all the redheads..(including Rita Hayworth with her dyed red hair. She was a brunette until Columbia changed the color of her hair.) I wanted to tell you a story of what happened in this cast that I was dong "BAREFOOT IN THE PARK" with.

We were watching a B-film with two Hollywood redheads..
Rhonda Fleming and Arlene Dahl. The film is "SLIGHTLY SCARLETT" also with John Payne. When it was over one of the actors said. "These two work well together, but I
don't think they compare with that redhead who did the film version of Jane Froman. Who was 'she'..? God was she beautiful..and...boy could she ACT!"

(NOTE**this young actor is only 22 years old..so this great actress was..ALL NEW..to him)

I politely told him he was talking about my favorite actress...SUSAN HAYWARD..and then told him stories about her and about the 'many' great films that he could see her in. He was blown away, when I told him that I even had the chance to meet her one time when she appeared on tv on THE JOEY BISHOP SHOW.

Needless to say...we had many more talks about our dear Susan, while we were working together and I know that he will be ordering some of her other films.

Sooo..it just goes to show us all...There are still many younger people who need to be introduced to the talents of the beautiful...SUSAN HAYWARD.

(THOUGHT you might enjoy this little story:)