​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MEMORIES...ON HER BIRTHDAY..>>>

Yes..Gloria...'we stalwarts'...will keep the 'flame'going!!
I am also surprised (and happy) to know that Susan and Julie were neighbors. I liked them together in 'TAPP ROOTS' and thought Julie was not only a terrific vocalist, but a darn good actress! Thanks, Ginger, for sharing that with us.
ALSO...find many of us seem to really dig the same two 'real redheads'. Sounds like there are some Julie London admirers amongst us too...

Just a little side note - Tim had mentioned to me previously that Julie London was their neighbor on Longridge.

Julie London is one of my all time favorite singers. Much like Karen Carpenter, her voice was natural and velvet. I never get tired of listening to Julie sing.

I loved Julie London also, Ginger. I think she was married to Jack Webb (Dragnet) for some years, not sure. and I love Julie's hit record. "Cry Me a River"
I think I still have it somewhere.

You are correct Ray. Julie was indeed married to Jack Webb for a time. And yes - 'Cry Me a River' is a standout track.