​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY....TO OUR DEAR SUSAN..>>>

Actually I recall that movie. When you say ' a great cast' it is not only true but possibly understatement as well. Talk about A listers all clustered. I can recall Richard Widmark, Lauren Bacall, Lillian Gish, Charles Boyer and Gloria Grahame and I know there were other ' names' of the era as well.

But you are also correct that it was a stinker. Can't recall now what the main problem was? Script and direction I think?

As for the June / July posting mixup - no big deal. No harm done and Susan got an extra birthday wish on top of her regular ones, so she is probably pleased anyway.

Kerry

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY....TO OUR DEAR SUSAN..>>>

Thanks Kerry...for not thinking I need to be in "THE COBWEB"..(lol)..and also for agreeing that this movie was one totally 'gone wrong' film.

Yes..the cast was 'too big'...including JOHN KERR, SUSAN STRASBERG, OSCAR LEVANT, TOMMY RETTIG, ADELE JERGENS and PAUL STEWART in supporting roles, along with that A-list casting. (it was STRASBERG and KERR's first film roles).

The director was VINCENTE MINNELLI and has to be one of his 'worse' films, ever. I'm thinking that the script was so 'gobbled and thrown' in different directions, that it was impossible. Script was JOHN PAXTON and it was produced by JOHN HOUSEMAN. '

With all of those 'big names' you would think you would have a 'sure hit'..but sometimes..'too big' can work..against you..like this one, surely did.