​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

And...a...HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you too, Ginger.
I love the 'new look'..
I love the 'movie'...the..'poster'..and 'the quote from the film'.

I am pulling BACK STREET and watching it tonight by myself.
Then..I am taking WITH A SONG IN MY HEART over to share with some friends after we have dinner tomorrow. They do not have a 'copy' of WASIMH...so I plan to surprise them and give them 'one of my four' copies of this beautiful film.

Like you, Ginger...I guess we 'all' have that 'first Susan movie' that made her 'your favorite' star. That was how it happened to me when I saw this film.

I have 'two films' that I always try to watch on Thanksgiving. They are (like you)..BACK STREET and the other is a Thanksgiving musical comedy..BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON..starring DORIS DAY and GORDON MAC RAE.

Hope you...and all the other Susan fans..have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Hello to all fans of Susan. Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. It's been a great year in collecting items on our Susan, especially the magazine covers. I am able to find one or two each month and the months fly by so fast. Errol, I think I;ll watch "Back Street" after my company splits tomorrow afternoon. Have a great one!

" Even if you do not celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday in your country, I still wish you the sentiment and Happy Thanksgiving! Most of us probably don't have to look to hard too find something for which to be thankful."
----------------

While Australia shares most Holidays with the U.S. - or at least our version of them ( a National Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Veteran's Day, Labor Day etc) we don't have Thanksgiving. But as you say, we here in the free Western First World have much for which to be thankful, so the spirit of the Day is indeed relevant.

Thanks for your good wishes Ginger, and a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to yourself and all Haywardians...

Kerry

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you, too Ginger and all my Board friends!!

Although I live only two blocks from Central Park West, where the big Parade starts, it is such a battle to see anything at all, it's so crowded! So--I now watch it at home on TV!

We have a fairly small dinner, as none of us likes to cook!! So--we have all our favorites delivered from our 'traditional' restaurant!! Things like carved turky sandwiches, sausage stuffing with turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, cheeses and my personal favorites: pies! This year: pumpkin and pecan.

I love these bright colors, Ginger--and they just happen to be perfect holiday colors for today!! Thanks for 'brightening' everything up!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Lynn

PS ERROL - I sent a get-well note to your personal e-mail. Hope it arrived okay. I'm so happy your op is over and your eyes are open!

Thank you, Lynn! Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving.

I had our local grocery store fix most of our meal, and it was all great -- the best turkey ever! I'm stuffed.. ha

I haven't gotten around to watching Back Street yet but do intend to this week-end. I haven't seen it in several years.

Thanks, Errol, Ray and Kerry...

Ray and Ginger...I hope you were able to watch BACK STREET. My plans changed a bit, since I was over to friends for 'the dinner' and we did watch WITH A SONG IN MY HEART...then I got home and had BACK STREET to 'myself' (so no one could see me cry through the ending of the film).

Lynn...Keep me away from..PIE...I am a total 'pig-on-pie' and can't stop once I start...(lol)...I had pumpkin at the dinner and peach when I got home with my BACK STREET viewing.

Kerry...I love you and have known you for years..and feel we are 'all' in loving 'thanks' for so many things in life, so I never feel it just as a USA holiday. Thanks for sharing 'your thoughts' on how Thanksgiving is for 'all of us'...I will be sending you an email very soon and get you up to date on what has been going on with my 'movie watching'.

My wishes to all the people I have been in touch for years, on this wonderful site...and a 'special thanks' to Ginger...for keeping us all together through all of these wonderful years of sharing with one another on this 'special site'....

ALSO..LYNN...I did not get an email from you on my home e-mail page. Are you sure you spelled the e-address correctly...??
It is...longhotsumr@yahoo.com.
Anyway, thanks for the thought and also to Ginger who had left me a message on the eye surgery on my facebook. It is so nice to 'see fully..again'...

ERROL

Hi, Errol,

I HAVE JUST RE-SENT THE E-MAIL TO YOU. THE E-MAIL I HAD USED WAS

longhotsumr@yahoo.com

DO I HAVE TO PUT YOUR NAME SOMEWHERE ON IT?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU GET IT THIS TIME. I FEEL VERY BADLY THAT IT DID NOT ARRIVE IN TIME! MY COMPUTER SHOWS THAT IT WAS SENT!

YOUR PAL, LYNN

Errol, I still haven't watched Back Street yet,but I WILL before the week end is over!!!

"rae" .. all little letters.. chic, don't you think?

I started signing my name in cursive with a little "g" after I saw Back Street. Still do...very chic!