​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ginger--Re. Susan's Full-Showing Films on Youtube

Hi, Ginger,

I'm so glad you mentioned to Errol how he might find some terrific films made from shows he might be particularly interested in!

And, also, I hadn't considered the Errol might need to say good-by to dial-up and pay for high-speed---but he would be paying for what might be one of the best all-round entertainment opportunities the computer offers. It took me a long time to 'give-in'--but once I did get high speed, I could kill myself for how much varied entertainment I'd been missing.

I've watched everything from nostalgic American, British and other foreign films and television programs I'd loved years ago to documentaries on every possible topic. And the ones I've chosen have all been free.

(For those in America, who can forget television's earliest children's offerings: 'Kukla, Fran and Ollie'.....or 'Miss Ding Dong School'?)

My problem is forcing myself to turn off the computer and get my work done!

I think that Errol would LOVE high-speed---Youtube is like a free trip around the world!!

Hi Ginger...Thanks for the great info on youtube. Trish told me about it a long time ago and I tried to get on there, but my computer would freeze and I would have to turn it off manually and start all over again. I will have to save my pennies and try to get one at wal-mart, as you suggested. I think it is the only way I will be able to watch what is on there. IMAGINE..'THE PRESIDENT'S LADY'..and the others just on your computer!! I 'must' get up with the times and start enjoying this great stuff!!

Lynn...on using 'high-speed'...I had that on my computer and it kept breaking down on me. The company that I was getting it through, finally told me that high speed would just 'not work' on my computer. I would need an 'updated' computer in order to make high-speed work. But thanks for suggesting it.

For now..I am stuck...but I am starting to 'save' to get a new computer.

Errol,

I heard on the radio recently that some Wal-Mart stores (or maybe all,not sure) have a lay-away plan now. I think lay-away is making a comeback, probably due to these economy these days, so that might be an idea for you too. I hope it will all work out for you eventually because it would open up a whole new world for you as far as the computer.