​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SUSAN...AND HER LIGHTER ROLES IN FILM...

Errol, I watched The Honey Pot recently, and I think I appreciated it more than I ever had. To be honest, I decided to watch it again because of Maggie Smith (so taken with her Downton Abbey performance). It was very interesting seeing a younger Maggie, but I realized that Susan was very good in the film, and I thought she stole every scene in which she appeared...she had a darn good southern accent, and she was funny and beautiful of course

Lynn and Errol, maybe if you can remember to copy your post if it is especially long before you hit "post message", then i you lose it, you can just try again and copypaste...that said, I have done that so many times in emails, it's pathetic, ha, but actually, I don't think I have done it here...there's always tomorrow..ha

I just watched TOP SECRET AFFAIR for the first time and Susan just blew me away with her comedic skills. She was hysterically funny. I have not laughed so much in years.

I loved the diving board scene. What an acrobat, the way she drunkenly weaved all over that board which was about 2 stories high (turning round and round, standing up and sitting down, even hanging over the end) in her long evening gown with a drink in her hand, all the while talking to Kirk Douglas on the ground. What a performance!

Pat McGeorge

Pat, I wish Susan had done more comedy. I'll bet she was so wonderful at being MAME....wish I could have seen that! She was very cute in "Young and Willing" (which is another one that is on youtube).