​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
14TH MARCH 1975 - TRIBUTE TO SUSAN

I would like to send Best Wishes and "Happy Memories" to Tim and Greg and families on the anniversary of Susan's passing away. Her legacy to us all
keeps on giving through all her films and she has so enriched our lives.

We all remember the sad day
When we lost our favourite Star.
So many years ago now
But she is still cherished from afar.

Susan ... how well I remember
When I first saw her on the screen
It was in MY FOOLISH HEART
And I adored every scene.

I was just a young child
All those years ago
When I discovered her talent
And I really loved her so.

She had my admiration
Right from the very start,
Which continued all my life
As she is always in my heart.

She was an underrated Star
And well ahead of her time.
So beautiful when young
And yet more so in her prime.

She has gone from this world
But high up in Heaven above,
I know Susan looks down on us
And can feel all our love.

GOD BLESS YOU SUSAN

Re: 14TH MARCH 1975 - TRIBUTE TO SUSAN

Hello, Trish!

Just as you always write at this time, this poem, too, is a lovely one, expressing your special feelings about Susan.

I'm not much of a writer of poetry, but if something circles through my mind, I will come back and offer a contribution. (As usual I got my dates wrong and thought Susan's date was March 15th!)

Reading your poem and realizing that today was that sad date, I must say that I had a sudden sharp pang in my heart, and my mind flooded with all her many expressions that were unique to each photo and film. I always thought she had mischievous eyes and loved that 'gleeful', playful look the most!

There was something about her that was very special.

I, too, send happy memories of special times to Tim, Greg, their families and to all those who loved her.

Thinking of you all, Lynn

Well, surprisingly a tribute poem (though by no means anywhere near Trish's endearing one!) did pass through my brain (with many annoying detours and interruptions, as I was en route to my 6-yearly(!) GP's check-up!!)

So, dear Susan......try not to wince when you read it.....It IS heartfelt!

A NURSERY RHYME FOR SUSAN, FORCED TO LEAVE US ALL IN MARCH, 1975

"Twinkle twinkle, our little star
...though others try to match you,
your incandescence beams so bright
no other stars will catch you!"

YOU ARE MISSED BY ALL!!

Celestial greetings, Lynn

OH!! this is so lovely, Trish.
I look forward to your tributes to our
Susan every year.
Job well done from the heart.

Ray

Thank you for your kind remarks re my poem for Susan. It is always a joy to write about her and may I also thank you Ray for writing on my YouTube video efforts to keep Susan's memory alive by posting pictures from my collection.

TRISH

Trish - thanks so much for sharing your lovely, heartfelt poem. When our hearts fill up, poetry is such a wonderful way to share our feelings.

BEAUTIFUL...Trish...I know Susan would have loved it. You are truly a lifelong fan of Susan..and it always shows, in your writing, the things you have shared with us fans..and your never-dying...love...for her.

Thank you for this beautiful poem...

Thank you Errol and Alice for your kind remarks re my poem. Susan has always been so much a part of my life as she has been to other fans and we all feel the need to write about her especially at this time. She was a treasure indeed and has touched our lives in so many different ways.

TRISH

Thank you, Trish...straight from the heart...