​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GREAT NEWS FOR US ALL!

At long last, after fifty four years, I have been able to see Susan accept her Oscar, make her little speech thanking Walter Wanger and return to the stage for a curtain call!

This has finally been uploaded on to Susan's YouTube site and has received over two thousand views in the week it has been playing. Now some of us would replay it a few times BUT it just goes to show how many people interested in Susan have seen this video. At this moment, it is on page one
of her site.

On page four there is another great upload - Susan presenting Charlton Heston
with his Oscar for BEN HUR in 1960. Enjoy these videos.

TRISH

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR US ALL!

BRAVO and THANK YOU, Trish!!

Trust you to be the one to spot that highly elusive gem Trish. Well done indeed.

Iy may be my pc, but the sound was very low and often hard to discern some words, but visually it is a great clip. She looked amazing. Thanks once more.

Kerry

There could be a problem with your pc Kerry as the sound comes through perfectly on mine - on both uploads that I mentioned. HAPPY VIEWING everyone - Susan is indeed her beautiful self.

TRISH

Thanks Trish...I have seen her receiving the Oscar many times, but I have never seen the clip of her giving the Oscar to Heston, so I will be checking that one out for sure!!!....
GREAT JOB...as always..Trish...

Thanks a million for the great news, Trish!!

I had no idea there was even a film such as this available! You can't help feeling a certain poignancy, as you watch Susan's overwhelming happiness and the words that came straight from her heart. She just sparkles!! And I thought "I can't rid myself of the sense that this is all so real, that any moment she is going to step right out of the screen!!"

I did feel a certain "Uh....WHAT?!" from her, as poor Susan looked genuinely surprised as she suddenly found herself back on stage, uncertain what to do--so she chose a curtsy that would have been worthy of either King or Queen at Buckingham Palace!!

Thanks so much Trish for alerting us to this clip---and to the Charlton Heston Oscar award, where Susan's sheer happiness for his win shone in her presentation! I'd never seen that one!

Lynn

Trish, I saw these youtube clips recently. I never knew that Susan had a curtain call. She probably felt a little awkward. I would have! But she handled it so gracefully. Thanks.

I finally got to see this myself a couple of weeks ago. Very classy and brief acceptance speech, a lot of the later generations could learn a lot from Susan...in more ways than one!