​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RITA MORENO...HAS NEW BOOK OUT...

Thanks Elaine...I will not bother getting the book! I do like Rita Moreno a lot and admire her...but Marlon Brando and his antics has never turned me on as being someone I want to read about. The younger Brando was 'great'..but the older Brando was a 'total disaster'. (only in my opinion). I look at how his children turned out and know there must have not been much of a 'home life' there.

Re: RITA MORENO...HAS NEW BOOK OUT...

LYNN...I have 'one' Robert Mitchum book that I can't even get through. NOT Mitchum's fault! It's the author (or Authors..since it is a book on interviews done by David Frost, Richard Schickel, David Lochte, Charles Champlin and Jerry Roberts)...BUT..I suppose the 'problem' is through the latter, Jerry Roberts since he did the EDITING on this dumb book!

He tells the story of Mitchum/Susan and the "Old Grey Mare" thing, which he took out of BEVERLY LINET'S book...and then he puts, in the book, that it is from a book by...'BARBARA LINET'...(Susan Hayward: Portrait of a Survivor). This guy couldn't even get the 'authors' name right!

Mitchum is also asked about 'problems' that actresses have had with his 'practical jokes' that he did on them..including SUSAN HAYWARD, GREER GARSON, MYRNA LOY and THERESA RUSSELL...

The question was..."You're known as a practical joker.

MITCHUM: no

Then....he mentions the actresses (above) who have all complained about this.

MITCHUM...no...

(You can see what kind of a 'stupid' book this is.....?? Mitchum's responses are are about three or four words throughout the book.

THE ONLY NEW THING...I came across...was that when he and Susan were shooting THE LUSTY MEN..he would eat a lot of garlic just before their close=up scenes together.

The book is titled...MITEHUM: IN HIS OWN WORDS..(what..words)??

And I DON'T recommend spending money on it!!....