​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GREAT NEWS FOR US ALL!

Thanks Trish...I have seen her receiving the Oscar many times, but I have never seen the clip of her giving the Oscar to Heston, so I will be checking that one out for sure!!!....
GREAT JOB...as always..Trish...

Thanks a million for the great news, Trish!!

I had no idea there was even a film such as this available! You can't help feeling a certain poignancy, as you watch Susan's overwhelming happiness and the words that came straight from her heart. She just sparkles!! And I thought "I can't rid myself of the sense that this is all so real, that any moment she is going to step right out of the screen!!"

I did feel a certain "Uh....WHAT?!" from her, as poor Susan looked genuinely surprised as she suddenly found herself back on stage, uncertain what to do--so she chose a curtsy that would have been worthy of either King or Queen at Buckingham Palace!!

Thanks so much Trish for alerting us to this clip---and to the Charlton Heston Oscar award, where Susan's sheer happiness for his win shone in her presentation! I'd never seen that one!

Lynn

Trish, I saw these youtube clips recently. I never knew that Susan had a curtain call. She probably felt a little awkward. I would have! But she handled it so gracefully. Thanks.

I finally got to see this myself a couple of weeks ago. Very classy and brief acceptance speech, a lot of the later generations could learn a lot from Susan...in more ways than one!