​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STARTED MY BIRTHDAY...WAY...EARLY...

YES...that time has come around again, for another year..and even though I was born 2 min to midnight on April 20th...I started celebrating it when I went to bed tonight by lying in bed and listening to the magic fingers of Ginger Haydon playing beautiful music...and bringing me some wonderful memories..with her SUSAN'S SONG, I'LL WALK ALONE, HAPPINESS IS JUST A THING CALLED JOE...Just some of the songs that came from Susan's films, plus so many other beautiful music memories, as only Ginger can play them. THANK YOU GINGER! I am lucky to have 3 c/d's of her music.."Garden of Dreams" and then two others that she sent to me, as a friend...that goes back many, many years now.

SOO...that has started my birthday 'treats'. I also plan to hit a movie sometime today...not sure what I want to see, because there's not too much out there that interests me. Maybe "42"..the Jackie Robinson story. But then I plan to come home and tonight watch some good SUSAN films. I am in the mood to pick some that I haven't seen as often (or for a long time)..but still have BACK STREET in my head..and as many times as I have seen that one, I think it will win out..and then maybe watch the "BARGAIN BASEMENT BETTE DAVIS..SUSAN HAYWARD"..mop the floor opposite Bettie Davis (as her mother) in WHERE LOVE HAS GONE, which i haven't seen in quite some time.

I am always a bit afraid of my birthday..April 20th...because just around this time (and mostly on my birthday) horrible events have taken place in our country....and that scares and bothers me.

FIRST..I have to share birthdays with, of all people, HITLER..THEN it has always been known as National Pot-Smoking Day..along with real tradegies that have fallen on that day...The Colombine shootings for one! Now we just had the horror in Boston..and today the second running marathon is planned for here in Salt Lake City, Utah. I am just praying that the same thing does not happen (and on this day) that we have just gone thorough with Boston, because many sources think that the incident in Boston was just the beginning of 'large gatherings of people'..just out to enjoy freedom and happiness that we hold so dear, here in the United States.

Well...let's just pray that no more of this happens and I will continue on with my plans for enjoying this..my special day..and ending it with some good Susan films. Now..it is almost 5am..so I am going back to bed..and continue listening to Ginger...as she lulls me to sleep with her beautiful music.

Good night/good morning...everyone!....

I can still share my b-day with JESSICA LANGE and NINA FOCH. But will forget RYAN O'NEAL and...HITLER!!...

Re: STARTED MY BIRTHDAY...WAY...EARLY...

Happy Birthday, Errol, and I'm happy that you are enjoying my music!

THANKS GINGER...Your music started my b-day and Susan will end it! I also got your birthday greeting on facebook and responded back to you. Thank you for these many years of friendship and being fans of our dear Susan. I also got a facebook b=day wish from Tim and told him I would be watching his mom tonight! I just don't know...what movies to choose. So many good ones!! But still inclined to go with BACK STREET and WHERE LOVE HAS GONE.

I'll let you know what I finally 'did' watch...

Dear Errol,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR FAVORITE THESPIAN, ERROL,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!"

(You are SOOOO lucky that I can't sing "in person!")
Wishing you a wonderful day and a special evening with Susan, sharing your favorite memories of your favorite fellow thespian!

(((HUGS)))

Alice

....and P.S. As far as birthday dates go.....at least you missed April 15th - TAX TIME!

Thanks for the b-day wish Alice...It turned out to be a nice day. I went to the movies and saw the new Tom Cruise/Morgan Freeman film..OBLIVION. It is good but you'd better keep 'up with it' all the way through, or you will be 'lost' by the end. More on Susan...on my second posting....

Yikes! Well, Errol, you may take the title of "My Foolish Mouth" (first dibs and all that)--but allow me to be known as "My Foolish Memory"!

There I am, reading and chuckling over your birthday post (...and who WOULDN'T WANT TO SHARE A BIRTHDAY WITH HITLER!!). Arrrghhhhhh!!!! And then, after finishing reading about your special day and the Susan films ahead, I turn off my computer and head for bed---totally forgetting to wish you a.............

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERROL!!!

Well......to the Birthday Boy from "My Foolish Memory", I hope your day was indeed a good one. And I am now about to read your next post, which looks like a nice juicy one!

Hope this is a year filled with good health, with much treading of the boards......and with your dear friend Susan applauding all you do!

Happy, Happy BIRTHDAY!! xx Lynn xx

Thanks Lynn...'FOOLISH MOUTH'...'FOOLISH MEMORY'...it all works out in the end!
Thank you for 'reading' my long, boring messages..and for the kind thoughts!..