​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "With A Song in My Heart"

I have to leap to the defence of the beautiful Rory Calhoun - I agree with you Ginger - just so handsome and a lovely man - has to be to be so open in his admiration of Susan. I thought he was great in the part of John Burn and of course, With a Song in My Heart is always up there on my top 5 list of Susan's films. However, I disagree with Robert Wagner - not that cute in my opinion! Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder!

One person I also admired from the first time I saw him was Chuck Connors - so much so that the man I married was a "look-alike!" Strangely enough, Susan admired him too as she mentioned she liked him when she was on the Joey Bishop show.

Another beautiful man was JESS BARKER - I could quite see what Susan saw in him - so very attractive - and so very LOYAL. Just think about all we have read - he was tight mouthed once the divorce was over and never said anything against Susan when he could probably have said quite a lot. It would have been brilliant to have seen Jess and Susan opposite each other - particularly in CANYON PASSAGE when he read for the Dana Andrews part. Maybe things could have been different for him and particularly for their marriage if he had played that part. There is no re-writing history and I am just content to have my collection of the wonderful Susan films to view at my leisure. I thank God for bringing her into my life!

TRISH

Errol, I just think I always concentrate on how handsome Calhoun was in the film.. imoho

okay, it's 2 for 2 now...LOL