​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RED/black

I finally got in to the website today. Hopefully, I won't have any problems for a while. I changed the homepage background to black for now. I think it's easy to read and the colors show up. I want to put a maroon satin pattern background on it, it I can work it all out with the text colors, so for now black is beautiful as always.

I can hear the background music on my husband's computer (on the home page of Susan) but not on mine, so I don't know how that all works, and it must be in the individual setting of each computer. go figure..

You've just reminded me -- I have never heard the music on the homepage since I got my new computer. Should I be hearing music?

Morning, Ginger,

(5:40 AM in NYC--yes, I am a lousy sleeper and have already been down to the Lobby to pick up some mail and paid the bills over-due!) 'Malcolm', my normally rather impatient, imperious ('Yes you may scratch my ears when I tell you you can!") Lhasa Apso, has been lying politely on the floor, intuiting that this is serious financial stuff going on, and if these bills don't get paid, he will be eating dog food! A disgusting concept to him.)

Anyway!!! The point of my post is just to let you know that I have always been able to hear your music, which amazes me, as my computer normally cops out on nearly everything it is advertised to do!

I also want to tell you, Ginger, that I LOVE that concept of maroon satin, and I'm now racking my brain (and will shortly experiment on my paint program, just for fun) to look at an easy color print that might look nice with it. "Creamy vanilla?") It's so hard to clearly picture in my mind if what I'm imaginging together would actually look feasible--as, sometimes my brain thinks "Ah......romantic"---while my actual result screams "Oh, just give it a REST!")

Anyway, in the meantime, being from New York, where we mostly all love our ubiquitous black ("blacker-black is the new black"), may I say that I am very much enjoying your current 'exquisite color selection!

Lynn (AKA 'Blackie')

Yes,you should be hearing music on the homepage and some of the pages such as the intro to the "Back Street" section..it's something to do with the computer settings, and as I mentioned I can't hear the music on mine but I can on my husband's, and I don't know how to adjust it on mine, but will keep attempting to find out.

Hi Lynn, well let me know what you come up with. Getting the background in is quick and easy...it's just searching for the right thing, and I do like the satin one I found.. what takes longer is getting the text colors to work with the background that has been chosen..black is simple for now because it works with the colors I already have. I'm really glad you can hear the music.