​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Meeting" Ms. Hayward

Karen!

Lucky you!! I spent about half an hour yesterday looking through maps that showed Carrollton and vicinity. It looks so lovely and scenic, and I'll bet that Susan H. would be shocked to see how much larger it must be now than when she lived there! But I'm sure it's just as beautiful.

I suppose you all knew that her film "I'd Climb the Highest Mountain" was filmed in that area. Do you know exactly where they shot it?
(I'm a tireless map reader!! It brings a place alive to me!)

Lynn

Re: "Meeting" Ms. Hayward

Lynn

You are so right about the changes in Carrollton! Atlanta is going to spread to the Alabama line I think.

As for filming I don't remember anything, but I was very young. Carrollton is rolling hills but no mountains. They may have used north Georgia as a location. We southerners considered those as mountains, then I moved to WV and saw REAL mountains.

In reading the posts about the twins, I remembered that one of them was friends with Gardner New who was the older brother of my sister's friend. I believe Gardner has passed away.

It's funny how memories come in snapshots.