​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SUSAN...(AND FAMILY)...AND...THE FISHING...

Errol,

My Mother really got into fishing when she moved to Florida and had two sport fishing boats. When we were growing up, it was my Dad who got us(Greg and I) started into fishing for Trout in small creeks on the Eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountains, between Lone Pine and Bishop, CA. When we were in St. George, my Mom hired two college kids to take us fishing - she was not a Trout person but like fishing for marlin, sailfish and other salt water species in the Gulfstream and Bahamas. Greg does a lot of fresh water bass and salt water fishing in Alabama and Florida with his boys and grand kids.

He told me recently,that he will finally be learning how to fly fish with his wife.I was self taught and my early escapades with the fly are storied in my initial posts on my BLOG. All my kids were fly fishing by the time they were five years old...Miles is next...

Tim

Neat story about how everyone got into fishing!

Tim...Thanks for the response back on this. What really surprised me is that you actually started out with your Dad..and fishing, so it has been with both you and Greg all of your lives.

I love looking at your site and the beautiful places that you go to..for the fishing. The pictures you have put on are breathtaking and take me back to my childhood days of fishing. I would sometimes just be out by myself..no one else with me and fish in small creeks.

My half brothers were more into deer hunting, which is not my kind of thing, but my stepfather was probably the one who got us started on fishing. I would have loved to have gone on..and had some deep sea fishing, in my life, but I still love the mountain streams and the secluded forests around while fishing here in so. Utah. I go up to Duck Creek area, which is way above Cedar City and over the top of the mountain, where you would continue on toward Bryce Canyon. You may have been up in that area, when you were kids here in the area, while your Mom was doing THE CONQUERER. There is also Panguitch Lake..another great place for fishing, in this same area.

Thanks for telling us all...how it all started..in the family...