​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SUSAN...AND THE BOOK..."RED"...

Trish, the book, "Red", that I have does not have a cover photo of Susan from Tulsa. I will try to scan and send the cover to you , or post it here.

I haven't read 'Brooklyn's Scarlett', but would like to get it at some point.

Ginger,

I think I know the photo you mean on the cover of RED as I have seen it advertised. I don't know why the British edition had a different photo but it is a beauty - Susan is wearing the dark green dress she wore in TULSA. I will scan and send it to you so maybe you can print it here on the site.

I am sure you will love BROOKLYN's SCARLET although as previously mentioned, some of the information is the same as in RED, probably to get people up to date on Susan who maybe hadn't read any of her other books.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of publisher's mistakes but these don't worry me as I just like to read anything about our favourite lady and also enjoyed seeing some new "to me" photos of her.

The author, Gene Arceri spent many years travelling across the USA interviewing anyone who was willing to talk about Susan and it took almost ten years before the book RED was published. He is a major fan and just adores her as we all do. Robert LaGuardia knew nothing about Susan when he agreed to co-write RED with Mr. Arceri!

TRISH

Trish, okay, and thank you for the additional info. I would love to see the photo from Tulsa when you have time.

I only get annoyed with typos when I see them done by myself. It doesn't stress me when others make them.

TRISH...sorry if I 'misquoted' you...and maybe it was someone else who had read that book, who told me that. Again..I am sorry for saying 'you' said that.
But...whoever said that to me..also said that it was by the same guy who had written 'RED' and that a lot of the things in the new book was taken from 'RED'
I do have other Susan fans, who are not on this website..so it was my mistake in saying that YOu told me that...and I am truly...sorry. Hope this can now be laid to rest.

I guess I do have a couple more comments to make on the post I just put on here. If it is...as Trish said..that it took the author almost 10 years to write the book 'RED'...then I think I will have to agree with what TIM wrote early on...about this book...when he said 'in one word'..."TRASH".
I agree with Tim and think it was the worse book ever written on his mother.

That's o.k. Errol.

Ginger, I scanned the book cover as I mentioned and sent it by e.mail to you.
Hope you can put it up on the site and see the difference from the American version of RED.

TRISH

Hi Trish et al:

I am very confused about the two books "Red" and "Brooklyn's Scarlett." Have not read either one and when I went on Amazon I couldn't figure out which book to read. "Red" seems to have only one author -- Gene Arceri -- while the other has Arceri and LaGuardia. Also, "Red" got only one customer review while the other got many more reviews and seems to be the one that relied on the key interviews (which have been discussed by many on this board).

Looking at the cheesy cover of "Red" I am inclined to believe that this book is not worthy of my time and of course Tim called it "trash." I would venture to say that Tim of all people can be trusted to not lead us astray. That said, is "Brooklyn's Scarlett" worth the effort?

I already have Beverly Linet's book as well as "A Star is a Star" and Moreno's coffee table book. I am always eager to read something with more insights into Susan's life and career, but I don't want to waste my time on inaccurate and poorly written stuff.

Looking forward to a clarification about these two books.

Jill

Jill....it is "RED" that has the two authors listed and "BROOKLYN'S SCARLETT" only one author...(I think)...I know that "RED" has both men listed as the authors.

Okay, Trish, thanks.. I just saw this, so will check my email tomorrow and try to get it on here.