​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Susan and Lena Horne/Handle It/their birthdays

Funnily enough, another connection. I was looking at some Lena Horne material on You Tube about two months back and stumbled over Lena singing
" I'll Plant my own Tree " .

It was a weird stage set- all dead, creepy trees around her - but she did a superb vocal as always. It was not until halfway through the song that I twigged and remembered Susan and 'Valley of the Dolls'.

Such mixed memories about that scene. I did not really ever like that song greatly I have to admit.
There was Helen Lawson opening in New Haven and Babs Parkins and Paul Burke in the front row and up on stage was Susan in that dazzling white sequinned dress, dodging that huge multi-coloured mobile swirling around her ( well it was the 60's)and even though miming, completely owned the stage.

Re: Susan and Lena Horne/Handle It/their birthdays

I never realized Lena sang that song also, Kerry. That wasn't exactly my favorite scene in the film. The set was pretty hokey, but Susan did her best to make it all work.