​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Untitleable

Lynn--

Thank you so very much for your understanding. Perhaps I could find further excuse for my actions in my age, for I am surely the oldest member of this group. I first became enamoured of Susan at a very early age when I went to what was then very common--a double bill, and the marquee itself was quite amusing if you consider it: "Adam Had Four Sons and That Hamilton Woman."

Adam, of course, did not "have" that Hamilton woman, but he had a daughter-in-law with whom thsi kid then fell in love then and there, and the "romance" will continue to my dying day. Susan is with me every day, for she is my scren saver--centrally positioned in a brilliant red dress with her red-glvoed arms raised high, seemingly supporting the wealth of internet icons.

Bill

Re: Untitleable

Bill -

Well, I had my laugh of the day (maybe week!)envisioning that marquee unashamedly screaming out "Adam Had Four Sons" and "That Hamilton Woman"! That's just greedy!

What an innocent time that the theater owner probably did not get a chuckle over that!!

You were very lucky to have had movie theaters that played two GOOD films.....I can remember some 'double-headers'--but the second one was always a "B" flick (sometimes the funniest of all). ("Plan Nine from Outer Space"??) And I can recall, at age 13, "Rock-Around-The-Clock" with "Francis, the Talking Mule"!!

If you are, indeed, the oldest member, then I truly envy you, because your acquaintance with Susan has been so much longer than mine--who 'met her' only two years ago through this Board. I'd seen her in just one movie, but admired her talent so much, that I located this Board on the 'the Net'. And while I was delighted to discover so many others felt like I did......I also felt cheated by all the years I could have had the enjoyment of knowing her on the screen. I was definitely born at the wrong time......a child in the 50's.

What an amazing screen saver you have! You must find yourself at your computer all day---even if you haven't turned it on!

Lynn