​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FLORENCE MARRENNER-DIETRICH (1910-1996)

As I recall I remember reading an article in a magazine (CONFIDENTIAL??? or something) in the late 1950s entitled MY SISTER, SUSAN HAYWARD, HAS MILLIONS, BUT I'M ON RELIEF! The article was a spiteful diatribe by Florence against her famous sister. Seemed like a blackmail attempt to me - who knows how much the scandal sheet paid Florence to write the article. Talk about a dysfunctional family, or sibling rivalry! Many siblings become estranged for various reasons.

Re: FLORENCE MARRENNER-DIETRICH (1910-1996) [nt]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'm fascinated with Susan's disowned sister Florence Marrenner-Dietrich! She's sort of an enigma, wrapped in a riddle. What I do know is she outlived Susan by 21 years. While Susan was a successful "movie star", Florence (at one time) lived in an apartment in a seedy area at 4555 N. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, Calif. 90065...What I'm curious about is: Were Florence & their brother Wally close??...She lived to be 86 years old, what did she do with her life??...What became of her children??...Did she ever do interviews after Susan's death??...Thinly veiled references regarding her suggest she was a call girl, any proof to that or was that just hearsay??... Does anyone have any info. on Florence Marrenner-Dietrich??

Re: FLORENCE MARRENNER-DIETRICH (1910-1996)

I do recall that, many years ago, Susan's sister gave a story to one of the movie magazines about how poorly she was living, without her sister's caring.

I think it was in Beverly Linet's book on Susan that, after Susan's death, Florence challenged her will, which left Florence out of it. I don't believe she was successful.

Susan and her brother Wally, on the other hand, were close and Susan left him a monthly stipend for as long as he lived. As far as I know, Wally and Florence did not have any relationship; nor did Susan's sons with their mother's siblings. Again, this is what I read a long time ago. If anyone knows any more, I'd like to hear about it, too.

Replying to:

I'm fascinated with Susan's disowned sister Florence Marrenner-Dietrich! She's sort of an enigma, wrapped in a riddle. What I do know is she outlived Susan by 21 years. While Susan was a successful "movie star", Florence (at one time) lived in an apartment in a seedy area at 4555 N. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, Calif. 90065...What I'm curious about is: Were Florence & their brother Wally close??...She lived to be 86 years old, what did she do with her life??...What became of her children??...Did she ever do interviews after Susan's death??...Thinly veiled references regarding her suggest she was a call girl, any proof to that or was that just hearsay??... Does anyone have any info. on Florence Marrenner-Dietrich??

Re: Re: FLORENCE MARRENNER-DIETRICH (1910-1996)

I'm not the one who asked about Florence Marrenner. It was posted anonymously and, somehow, my name got on it when I was answering the posting.

Replying to:

Replying to: