​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just a Reminisce

The other evening I watched YOUNG AT HEART, which I'd not seen for decades, I think. It was early Susan, and I recalled that it wasn't a very good movie "back then". It wasn't. It was only sporadically funny I suspect when it was made, and is less so now--despite the wonderful line-up of promising young stars such as William Holden, Eddie Bracken, Martha O'Driscoll, Barbara Britton (who ought to have hit bigger time than she did in the cinema). Anyway, I don't really recommend the movie, but I will say this--that Susan stood out so well, even among the other talented "youngsters." And in typical Susan fashion--when possible, she "took command;" and then there was the voice.....

Bill

Re: Just a Reminisce

Hi Bill, you are actually referring to "Young and Willing."....It's kind of an all fluff type film but as you mentioned, Susan stood out. She was drop dead gorgeous in that black dress she wore in the film. I have that one at youtube in case you want to watch it again. I have a feeling you don't....

Ginger--

Sorry about the misnomer. Oh, I'll watch it again--maybe in four years. So many others Actually I have DVD's of EVERY movie she ever made. Which even includes OUR LEADING CITIZEN which is probably the most difficult to come by. It took a long long time!

Bill

That is really fantastic that you have them all, Bill. Our Leading Citizen is rarely seen. I saw it once when I was a teen, and not even the entire film.. just a little bit of it, and I don't even remember Susan in it.