​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Susan\\\\\\\'s near sightedness!

I have a couple of pictures of Susan in glasses - she looked beautiful as ever.
I also have had prescription sunglasses for many years.

Regarding contact lenses, I have an astigmatism and I personally wore them for 40 odd years. I had them fitted in 1959 when I was living in Montana and they were so very much cheaper than the ones available in the U.K. They were the small, micro lense type and fortunately, I never had any problem wearing them at all - just took them out to sleep. The only drawback I found was when I was out in the wind and occasionally a little dust would blow in my eye and find its way under the contact. This necessitated removal immediately as it was very painful and many a time I was in a shop doorway, getting out the lense, putting it in my mouth to clean it off and putting it back in!! (I always had to clean off the smears when I got home!) Fortunately, I never dropped one outside. So many people tried to wear them and couldn't so I guess I was just lucky.