​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: THE BREAK-DOWN ON MY ACCIDENT....

Errol, they pre-empted Susan's big day (birthday) at TCM because of Eli Wallach's death? Can you believe it? Susan fans were upset everywhere. I signed up on the TCM message board that night and told them what I thought about it.. ha... I'm sure they really care, but I felt better...I respect Eli Wallach, but come on.. they could have had his tribute the next day for heaven's sake. No, I wasn't happy about it and I wasn't the only one....especially when they consistently ignore her for Star of the Month.

Well, I am having trouble from time to time posting too... something is going on and not quite right with my message board...words are lighting up like links, and they aren't links, and there is some kind of spam ad under the title photo. ..and I have had a spammer leaving a dumb message a couple of times that Amy alerted me too..I'll try to find out what is going on..in the meantime, I guess we will just have to endure it.

So glad you are getting back in gear, Errol!

Ginger...thanks for the up-date on TCM and their 'reason' for not showing Susan's films on her birthday. That is a lame excuse! I have seen, many times, that they have waited a full week...before doing a tribute of the star who died.
Look at JAMES GARNER who died a few days back...and his tribute is tomorrow morning.

This is not the first time they have skipped over Susan...but this time the 'schedule' of films had been listed for a long time, so I thought it would finally happen.....NOT!!.....

Hi, Errol,

As I'd mentioned to you, I was so shocked to hear just how horrible your injuries were. Though the expression 'break a leg' is used to wish 'good luck' to actors on opening night---I don't recall them mentioning any other parts of the body!!

You are very, very strong to have come through this with both physical healing and mental optimism about yourself and your acting future ahead! I am sure there are times when you want to just fast-forward to November.......but, it will come--and your recovery with it.

We look forward to hearing about what you'll be auditioning for next summer's theater season! Please do keep in touch.

Wishing you the very best, Lynn

So sorry to hear of your accident and the long road back.My prayers for a full recovery and painless days are wished for you,Errol.I have been a fan of Susan's since 1955 when I saw her outstanding performance in "I"'ll Cry Tomorrow. It left me speechless and wanting to know about this talented and beautiful actress.It has been a lifelong journey of love and admiration for Susan.In fact I met Trish and we have become long distance friends and have met here at my home in MA.We took our first trip to NY and actually met Susan's Granddaugter.We spent a lovely day with her and I will cherish it always.Take care and I'm praying for you.

Thanks Lynn....for the email you sent me at my regular e-address and offering to put my response to you...on this site. Then I did get feeling better and was able to do it myself. I am so grateful for your kind wishes and YES..I will recover from all of this and be 'back on the boards' again...but I will not be 'wishing' any fellow actors...any 'break-a-anything' remarks from now and on. I can now see...it can sometimes come out 'seriously wrong'....(lol)....

Hi Joanne...and thank you for your kind remarks and concern. I want you to know that I first found my favorite actress (SUSAN) when I saw WITH A SONG IN MY HEART. I was in the hospital bed....(in rehap) when it came on TCM one night. As many times as I had seen (and love) this film, I thought...'never did I think I would be seeing this film lying in a hospital bed and wondering about my future health; if I would win or loose the battle.

From the time I saw WASIMH I 'had' to go back and find ALL of Susan's films and in each film I watched I was more driven to her 'spunk' and 'honest acting'. I was amazed at all I had missed and each new Susan film I found...what a treasure
it was to see her in..yet another great performance.

I too....think that I'LL CRY TOMORROW is her very best performance and it was jaw-dropping...those scenes on skid-row...the way her face twitched and how 'deep' she had gone...into the role of LILLIAN ROTH's life...I could not get over he 'no win' for the Oscar for this performance. I liked I WANT TO LIVE! but feel her truly 'best' was still I'LL CRY TOMORROW.

I'm glad you and Trish became such good friends (through our Susan) and that you have shared such great memories together. I'm sure meeting someone from her family was a thrill for sure! I was lucky enough to meet her backstage at the JOEY BISHOP SHOW and will always treasure that meeting.

Again...thanks for the kind thoughts and I send you warm wishes and 'all the best' in your life too.....

Hi Errol

I was thinking about you and wondering if you were any better. Being ill is tough.. I hope you have someone to help you.

I guess I am going to the library and take out some of Susan's other biographies. I too wish Tim would write one, but
Understand why he doesn't feel able to do it! It may just be too painful for him. He is a super guy, and I am thankful that he is on here at all and that we have PT to read.

I am praying for you, and hoping you won't need surgery. Hang in there! Jody

Thanks Jody....The past few days have not been too good for me, so I haven't been online much at all. I'm headed back to my hospital bed now and will try to stay down....like they want me to do.

I thank you for your concern and well wishes. I think the thought of another hospital 'stay' is wearing on my nerves and I 'must' stop thinking the neg. way and then maybe things will look a bit brighter.

I had a 'voice mail' yesterday from a friend in Pittsburgh, Pa....about a book he is reading with a lot of 'quotes' from famous people in it and he read something that TENNESSEE WILLIAMS had written about SUSAN....saying that she was one of the 'best' actresses in the business and that she had the beauty of RITA HAYWORTH and the 'spunk' of BETTE DAVIS...that she was 'way ahead of her time' and did her work 'seriously' and would never stoop to 'low-class' roles to just have her name in the public eye. have asked him to send me (in a letter) the whole thing that was written about her and when he does, I will post it on here.

SUSAN....who never thought 'her work' was looked upon as 'darn good'..and then to hear praises like this one! Hope she is aware, now, of what an impact she left for 'future' generations to 'find' and 'enjoy'.

Take Care....Errol.....

Errol,
I have been wondering how you are doing and if you know if you have to have surgery. I know all of Susie's fans are praying for you. Do you still have to lay in your hospital bed? They aren't very comfortable.
I wish we could find out why TCM is so hard on Susan. I know she didn't enjoy partying and giving interviews, but so what she was a star. And made some awesome movies. Another thing that bothers me is that she is left out of some of the Classic Beautiful
Actresses on many of the You Tube Videos. She could put many of the ones on the videos to shame. Not that a lot of the other actresses aren't gorgeous, but let's be fare to Susan and others who aren't acknowledged.
Take care of yourself, Blessings, Jody