​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This wonderful message board!

Thanks Jody....and I will 'pug through' even it is going to mean another operation...(but hopefully not!)

On the other Susan books...maybe A STAR IS A STAR IS A STAR might be one to read
If you want a 'completely different' opinion (and the book is full of 'not so nice' things....and who can say what of it is 'real' or made up) is..."RED". Even Tim has mentioned that "RED" as pure 'trash'. I did read it (the last one I have read of the Susan books) but there are a couple that I have never been able to get, so can't answer on 'all books' that have come out. Maybe someone else who has read ALL the books on Susan can give you a better idea on which one would be the next to read. Some are very similar, but the BEVERLY LINET book is still the 'best' in my opinion.

There is one that is not really a book on her....but on the films she did and seemed to me, to be written just as a 'money maker' and it was very bland. You will have to fill in the (blanks) because the book was called THE DIVINE B***H.
NOT very good...but the first one I ever read and got 'nothing' out of it that I hadn't already known from regular movie magazines, at the time and did nothing to tell....about 'who' she was or much about her life in general. It has been years...since I read it...but would never go back and read it again...just very uninteresting. I hear the author put it out, later on, with a different title...but that could be hear-say....Not sure. Just feel he was trying to make 'money' and not really tell anything too interesting about Susan.

Hope someone will direct you to a better knowledge on the books out there. I will always favor LINET'S book. Thought is was well written and told of her, as a person who people would be interested in reading about. Those 'final years' and the suffering will always stay with me.

Jody

There was once a CD put out with Susan's songs from WITH A SONG IN MY HEART, I'LL CRY TOMORROW, and SMASH-UP. It doesn't seem available any more. However, she only sang her OWN singing in I'LL CRY TOMORROW and there is a CD with all the music--her singing and background music throughout that is available. So if you only want her own voice, that would be it. (I don't have that one since I do have the c.d. with the signing from the three movies--(Froman did her own singing in WITH A SONG IN MY HEART and dubbed for Susan)

Bill Gerdts

Bill...I used to have the LP of this. When I moved from LA back to Utah it got lost in the move. I didn't know they had put it out on a c/d and would love to get it if it ever shows up!

This cd of Susan's is on sale for the next 17 hours on Susan's e.Bay site.
There are 10 copies available so hope you all read this in time. I expect it
will be put on again if they don't sell all the copies.

Happy Listening - it is a wonderful cd.