​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Character Actors in Classic Films

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to tell you that I created a new page on facebook entitled "Character Actors in Classic Films." I just posted it for the first time this past Saturday. I have always had an interest in learning more about these wonderful artists who often we are familiar with their faces but don't know their names. I hope you will come along with me and learn more about them as I do. It will be great fun, and I am already developing more of an appreciation for them. The list of them is endless. I'm so looking forward to working on it and developing it.

As time goes on, I'll be sure and make note of Susan Hayward and her films AND the wonderful character actors with whom she has worked...As Pat mentioned in her previous post, Thelma Ritter is always the first one that comes to mind. Now I will have to come up with something really special on her! Come along with me! Here is the link -- copypaste in your browser of search facebook.

www.facebook.com/characteractorsinclassicfilms

Ginger

Re: Character Actors in Classic Films

Thelma Ritter is the top character actor in my book. Others that I enjoy as well are: Sidney Greenstreet, S.Z. Sakall, Reginald Gardner, Dick Elliot, Charles Coburn, Monte Wooley, Hattie McDaniel and Guy Kibbee.

Pat McGeorge

Re: Character Actors in Classic Films

Thanks for the list, Pat. That will be helpful to me. I defintely love S.Z. Sakall, Reginald Gardner, Charles Coburn, Monte Wooley, and Hattie McDaniel. I can't quite put the names with the faces re: Dick Elliot, and Guy Kibbee, but I'm learning too.