​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tentative Offering

Thank you, Kerry, for that beautiful tribute on the occasion of Susan's 100th birthday. You were so eloquent and creative in using Susan's many screen performances to honor her in such a unique way.

Nothing "lesser" about it, Kerry. You said it the way you felt it. Nicely done.

Thank you to all for the kind words. Perhaps we are our own harshest critics but I still feel that the poems from Gloria and Trish ' flow better' as it were. I have always found my attempts at verse composition to be clunky and awkward at times.

But as they say in so many instances- ' it is the thought that counts' and it is not about the fact that I will never be a Walt Whitman or Emily Dickinson. It is all about Susan Hayward and the remarkable effect she appears to have had on so many people from all walks of life and in many diverse countries. Sad of course that she is not ' Among the Living' for what would have been her achievement of the age ton. But her body of work will outlive all of us anyway.

Thank you all again