Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Greetings on Sri Ramarishna's Birthday

Greeting to all of us here in the courtyard on Sri Ramakrishna’s birthday.

A few decades ago I wrote to my Gurudev conveying my pranams on Sri Ramakrishna’s birthday. I then wrote, how I wish I could be in Belur on Sri Ramakrishna’s birthday. He sent his blessings and then wrote “Certainly with the grace of Sri Sri Thakur one day you will be able to take part in the birthday celebrations” It took almost a decade for his blessings to bear fruit but it did happen and in 1994 exactly one decade ago, I was in Belur for the birthday celebrations. The memory of that day is enshrined in my heart and today when I am physically unable to attend the celebrations in a center in India or abroad, in my heart I rewind the experience and the blessings that gave me the experience of being in Belur on that particular day.

The courtyard is now my haven where I come and regain my spiritual strength and energy. I know Mother is here blessing each one of us. All of us who come here to visit the courtyard from different parts of the world should be aware of Her presence here. Always know and remind yourself that SHE IS HERE. Just come and sit in her presence. She will grant you your wishes.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In my mind, Shiva Ratri means that Sri Ramakrishna's birthday is just around the corner. Because of the proximity in time, I was able to observe both during my short, three-week stay in India in 1991. Of Thakur's birthday celebration, I recall that to be able to be at Belur Math Headquarters on the day following the celebration was most blessed. The grouds were again quiet, yet everywhere one could feel a warming after-glow, no doubt left from the intense concentration of spirit from the day before. I am recalling the public celebration, actually, which takes place some days after Thakur's birthday. (I attended on Thakur's birthday also, but could not stay at the Guesthouse then.) The public celebration is rather like a great fair, with food and crafts and entertainment. The after-glow affirms in my mind the idea that spiritual celebrations are meant to be full of joy!

May Thakur fill our hearts with warmth and joy anew, and awaken within the world a message of universal acceptance.