Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Subtle guidance and loneliness

Always remember that The Mother is with you. As Sri Ramakrishna says “The Divine Grace is always blowing, unfurl your sails” When you unfurl your sails you will find the Grace and the inspiration and will truly float across the world of Maya.

Your question regarding guidance brings to forth many thoughts. The guidance is always there sometimes it is subtle and sometimes it is not. But if we seek it, then it will come. But the seeking should be genuine. I have found in my personal life, when I really pine for some inspiration it does come but in a shape and form completely different from what I had thought. Let me illustrate this with an example. I have not been feeling the best rather low and uninspired. Just yesterday I received a book via an inter library loan from the local library on Swami Ashokananda by Sister Gargi. The book has placed me in a different level. They may not be any metaphysical magic about receiving this book but I read it at a time when I needed the inspiration. The issue is not whether there was anything special about getting the book but my feeling that it was gave me a boost of inspiration. The guidance came but after some pain and more importantly when I was seeking it. The guidance always comes sometimes soon sometimes late but it always comes and may not come when you want it but when the Mother thinks the time is right. Not easy to wait for the guidance or the inspiration.

You mention in your first paragraph the intrinsic loneliness and the ability to speak about subtle spiritual experiences with most people. I not only agree but also know what that feels like. Living away from a Vedanta Society here in the US it is difficult to find “satsang” or holy company. It is here that the Mother’s courtyard comes alive and is a source of inspiration. We come and share our thoughts our struggles and serve as a source of inspiration to each other. I have found here the support and love from so many of Mother’s children. This is our spiritual home in the cyber world and at Mother’s feet we are all equal since we are Mothers children.

The Mother is always here guiding and protecting us in our journey towards the Supreme Goal.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

There are very few people in mainstream society to talk to about subtle spiritual experience. I do not want to force historical facts to fit my experience.

A few years ago, before I knew of Mother, I was fretting and concerned about the well-being of one of my sons. That night I had a dream of an Indian woman in Sari, with broom in hand sweeping the floor of a hut like dwelling, pausing to look at me and tell me,
"Your boy will be allright".

Recently in browsing the internet, I found an article on Mother in which it described her as very often having a broom in hand. I paid attention.

With other subtle experience, guidance, I wonder if it is time to stop thrashing in the water, float to the top on my back, and let the water carry me where it will. I feel very tired sometimes, to be so young.

Is the guidance always so subtle?

Re: Subtle guidance and loneliness

Thank you. Your comments were timely and needed.
I think they addressed my issues accurately.

I read somewhere in my studies, that love is the most subtle force of the universe. I think I am working with my own receptivity.

I know what you mean about the book coming to you in that way. These things happen to me often.

Thank you for listening.

Re: Re: Subtle guidance and loneliness

Dear Rosemary,

The story you have shared is very beautiful. Whether you are bending history or not does not matter. What counts is whether the dream had some reassuring and transforming effect. From what you relate, it seems to have. I wouldn't call your experience subtle. It seems powerfully direct.

Each of us has been blessed in ways, subtle and not(!), in which we alone may recognize. Paritosh wrote about how we often come across just the right book or passage or have an otherwise affirming experience. In such instances, it is our own receptiveness that perceives and makes the connection...

For those times when, for so many reasons, we are unable to feel the cooling, reassuring breeze of Divine Love, these profoundly blessed experiences help carry us through periods of loneliness. Somewhere in our heart of hearts we remember that we are not alone.

Re: Re: Re: Subtle guidance and loneliness

God bless you.

I am looking forward to coming back here and talking more of Mother. I am reading "Holy Mother" by Swami Nikhilananda. Every single thing about Mother seems to be a direct answer (for Me). I am totally and profoundly in awe.

Thank you for your entirely correct perception and description of my experience.