Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramakrishna, Mother and Daily Life

Rosemary:

We are bound to each other by the Mother not anything else, so we are brothers and sisters first and friends later. It is great if brothers and sisters are friends too. This relationship that develops here is from the Mother and from no one else and the more you trust Her the more you will not feel alone.

Meditation and Spiritual Life is a tough but a wonderful book about Spiritual Life. Swami Yatiswaranada speaks from his personal life experiences. I have heard from his disciples, after he would give initiation he would bless each of his disciples with footwear worn by Swami Brahmananda.

The Mother’s temple in Mumbai (Bombay) is my all time favorite. There are some other temples dedicated to the Mother exclusively. One in Jayrambati where Mother was born, that temple is …. There are no words to describe the presence of the Mother. That temple was consecrated by Swami Saradananda. He wrote Sri Ramakrishna the great Master and also called himself “Mother’s gatekeeper” (There are wonderful details about his life in the book on him by Swami Aseshananda, a direct disciple of the Mother who also served as his secretary.)

Other temples (I am aware of) dedicated to the Mother are in Bangalore, Udhbodhan, Jayrambati and ofcourse Sarada Math in Dakshineswar. You can visit Udhbodhan, Belur and Jayrambati on the web. Go to www.vedanta.org and then go to centers in India, then centers in W Bengal and you are there. You can also visit Sarada Math on the web www.srisaradamath.org

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks to all for your replies.
I feel that we are all friends, even those who do not wish to speak.
My own reluctance (I think) is from ego. Confusion abounds. But the sometimes silence here is comfortable.
Thanks for the tip about "Meditation and Spiritual Life". I had not heard of it, but am ordering it tonight.
I long to come to India. Thank you for the beautiful description of the temple. It was such a gift.

Rosemary

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramakrishna, Mother and Daily Life

Thanks to you, my brother and to all my spiritual family.
Once again you have set me straight, and you are absolutely accurate. TRUST IS the operative word here, and Mother IS guiding us, isn't she?
I will visit the sites, as suggested, on the web, am waiting for the book, and hope to see the temples with my own eyes someday.
Thanks to all.

Rosemary

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramakrishna, Mother and Daily Life

Your posting is wonderful and has stimulated a chain of thoughts and memories once again.

There is no need to set anyone straight. We are all struggling and making the same mistakes and so can share our common thoughts and ideas. This is what brothers and sisters do for each other and our relationship is via the Mother…. NOTHING can be more real than the Mother for She is the only reality.

Many years ago, I wanted to visit Belur Math on Sri Ramakrishna’s birthday and expressed this wish to my Guru. This wish was granted but it took 10 years for my wish to become reality. I went through many experiences and when the visit occurred it was right and today after another ten years the memory is fresh and lives within me. You too I am sure will visit these places and the memories will be a perennial source of inspiration.

You mention … ”Mother IS guiding us, isn’t she?” Of course She is guiding us all the time whether we are aware of it or not. Remember the Mother is holding us by the hand. It takes time to develop real trust… till the trust is absolute we have not reached the goal. When we develop REAL trust that in itself will be the destination. My prayer to Mother is… May I reach that goal.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks to you, my brother and to all my spiritual family.
Once again you have set me straight, and you are absolutely accurate. TRUST IS the operative word here, and Mother IS guiding us, isn't she?
I will visit the sites, as suggested, on the web, am waiting for the book, and hope to see the temples with my own eyes someday.
Thanks to all.

Rosemary