Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramakrishna, Mother and Daily Life

Your posting is wonderful and has stimulated a chain of thoughts and memories once again.

There is no need to set anyone straight. We are all struggling and making the same mistakes and so can share our common thoughts and ideas. This is what brothers and sisters do for each other and our relationship is via the Mother…. NOTHING can be more real than the Mother for She is the only reality.

Many years ago, I wanted to visit Belur Math on Sri Ramakrishna’s birthday and expressed this wish to my Guru. This wish was granted but it took 10 years for my wish to become reality. I went through many experiences and when the visit occurred it was right and today after another ten years the memory is fresh and lives within me. You too I am sure will visit these places and the memories will be a perennial source of inspiration.

You mention … ”Mother IS guiding us, isn’t she?” Of course She is guiding us all the time whether we are aware of it or not. Remember the Mother is holding us by the hand. It takes time to develop real trust… till the trust is absolute we have not reached the goal. When we develop REAL trust that in itself will be the destination. My prayer to Mother is… May I reach that goal.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks to you, my brother and to all my spiritual family.
Once again you have set me straight, and you are absolutely accurate. TRUST IS the operative word here, and Mother IS guiding us, isn't she?
I will visit the sites, as suggested, on the web, am waiting for the book, and hope to see the temples with my own eyes someday.
Thanks to all.

Rosemary