Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Are we are we her own?

Hello to all of you there.....

I cannot tell you how happy i feel when i come here and read your messages.

Afcourse the Mother and Sri Ramakrishna are with us....always.......may we all always know this fact by their grace.

I have found that whenever i need some anwsers or something is troubling me, i just need to randomly open any of SRK's books, and i get apt advice ..... just what i need.

To illustrate, once when i was in university.... i was tempted to do something wrong........i knew in mind that it was wrong , but just was'nt strong enough to resist......that night when i came to my room i randomly opened a page of Swami Chetananda's "God Lived With Them" ( the lives of the 16 monastic disciples of the Master) .... my eyes fell on the lines 'A pecked fruit cannot be offered to the Divine Mother'..... it stressed the importance of purity if one wants to lead a spiritual life.....

however i was too weak to resist my temptation..... and now i was feeling guilty as ever ..... i thought the Mother and Master would not forgive me...all purity had gone...... i was despairing , again i opened a the book..... this time my eyes fell on the lines " Does the Mother everthrow away her child because it is covered with filth? She gently cleans him and then places him on her lap...."

the warning was given before ...... however forgiveness was given later...

i knew then that my realtionship with the Master and Mother was eternal, regardless of anything..... human relationships can be fickle , but here in Mothers lap unconditional love is granted even to unworty ones.

Another time a calamity in business seemed likely.. i was quite depressed , i didnt know what would happen...... to soothe my anxiety i randomly opened the Gospel of SRK.... there again my eyes fell on the following lines......." come Mother take everything away from me , but leave me with my pot of hemp and necklace of bones" .......

I am sure this is the case with all of you too.... we all find anwsers in the words of the Master and Mother.