Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Story time: Truth knocks at our door

This story reminds me of what I read last night of a disillusioned seeker (true story) in India who went from holy man to holy man for answers. He met a master in Southern India and asked "Can you give me what you have?."
The master did not at first answer, so he asked again, and then the Master replied, "I can give it to you, but can you receive it?" The seeker went away and never saw the Master again, but in all of his philisophical tortured sounding life, it seemed to be the only answer that ever penetrated.

It also reminds me that we should never do anything out of fear.

My son is serving the American Army in Afghanistan. I fluctuate between fear and trust. I have prayed as a Mother (our Mother) prays for her children. I remember the dream I received from Mother that "Your boy will be allright" and I don't know whether to rejoice or to doubt. In the same story above, the seeker also posed to the Master, "Sometimes I think I am free, and sometimes it leaves me." The Master answered "You are either free, or you are not."

I am so grateful I have this spiritual family. Thank you for the story that touches so many levels.

Re: Re: Story time: Truth knocks at our door

Rosemary, I am rushing off to Bourne End (Vedanta Centre) for a three day retreat to be conducted by Swami Veetamohananda of France and will be back on Thursday. Hence a brief comment.

Neither rejoice nor doubt but a simple trust in the Divine Mother's assurance is enough. Feelings of fear under your circumstances are normal. Every time such feeling comes, simply pray: "Divine Mother, what I call 'my son', really belongs to you. So please take good care of him and keep him safe. I as his earthly mother am simply his caretaker on your behalf." As a caretaker mother keep sending him your thoughts of love, everytime you think of him.

Re: Re: Re: Story time: Truth knocks at our door

Vriju,
I know you are not "at home" now, but I must go ahead and deeply thank you for your reply. My mind is very strained and your words are most helpful.

Thank you,
Rosemary