Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Worship and Prayer

We use the words "worship" and "prayer" frequently. Swami Shraddhananda has given an excellent explanation of these two spiritual practices in his book "Seeing God Everywhere -- A Practical Guide to Spiritual Living" Edited by Pravrajika Vrajaprana and published by the Vedanta Press, Hollywood, California.

I have a two page extract from this book which I prepared for the Vedanta Study Circle some time ago. If anyone is interested, please email me and I would be happy to email it you as an attachment.

Re: Worship and Prayer

Vriju:
Thanks for continuing the saga of daily readings.

I think it would be a great idea to post it here so that all can share.

Re: Re: Worship and Prayer

Paritosh: It is a two page document --- too long for posting here. I recommend the book.

Re: Worship and Prayer

Seeing God Everywhere IS a wonderful book!

Vriju's right, though, two pages would be too long for posting. But we may be able to put it on the web site, and post a link in the Courtyard.

Re: Re: Worship and Prayer

Jayanti, I will send you the two page document after I finish writing this.

Since I have used the material for study purposes and distribute it free of charge to the students who attend the Vedanta Study Circle classes, I believe that I do not violate any copyright rules. As for making it available on the web site is concerned, I am not too sure. I am sure you know the copyright rules relating to the websites, and so I leave the decision in your capable hands.

Re: Re: Re: Worship and Prayer

I know Vrajapranaji. I'll be forwarding it to her and asking permission. :)