Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Something meaninful (to me) from Mothers life

Thanks to Jayanti and Vriju for the response to my earlier post. In my reading last night this was meaningful for me.

"Holy Mother" p 263

"When Holy Mother was leaving for Jayrambati, the devotees went upstairs to take the dust of her feet.
Latu remained in his room. He began to pace up and down and muttered: "Who is mother or father to a monk? He is free from all maya."
"The Mother stopped in front of his room and heard him still repeating those words. She said:"

(and this was a page turner for me, WHAT DID SHE SAY?)

'My child, you don't have to accept me.' Latu sprang fro his room and fell at her feet. He was weeping without restraint."

I feel that Latu was resisting, and on hearing those words of freedom he surrendered. I am only guessing this, but this was a very important incident for me.

Last night in all my troubles, I prayed fervently to Mother. As I slept I dreamt of a very young girl, almost a baby, going from one room to another and upon seeing her Mother, crying with relief. It was not a happy dream, more of a vulnerable and almost needy, however, it spoke to me somehow.

Just sharing.

Thanks and love to all,
Rosemary