Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
taken from a letter by Sister Nivedita

Happy Birthday Mother,
This says it so well...
"I wish we could send you a wonderful hymn, or a prayer. But somehow even that would seem too loud, too full of noise! Surely you are the most wonderful thing of God--Sri Ramakrishna's own chalice of his Love for the world..."
"Isn't your thought, now and then, of the high calm that neither loves nor hates? Isn't tht a sweet benediction that trembles in God,..."
Mother, how important you are to us here in the Courtyard. I feel your whispers here and there in the interaction and play here. For myself, you give me a code to break the pathos of this life. Be my strength, my help, my anchor. You have made such a difference.

Your willing child,
Your child

Re: taken from a letter by Sister Nivedita

How beautifully you and Sister Nivedita express what is in the hearts of many of Mother's children, be they willing or not.

Swami Vivekananda's Fervent Wishes

In Honour of the Holy Mother's Birthday, I should like to add something to the beautiful thoughts expressed by the devotees in Mother's Courtyard:

Swami Vivekananda writes to Swami Shivananda about Holy Mother

There, you see. In this terrible winter I am lecturing from place to place and fighting against odds, so that funds may be collected for Mother's Math. Baburam's mother must have lost her sense owing to old age and that is why she is about to worship Durga in the earthen image, ignoring the living one. (Viz. Holy Mother Shri Sarada Devi.) Brother, faith is very difficult to achieve. Brother, I shall show how to worship the living Durga and then only shall I be worthy of my name. I shall be relieved when you will have purchased a plot of land and established there the living Durga, the Mother. Till then I am not returning to my native land.

Vivekananda - USA 1894

Re: taken from a letter by Sister Nivedita

It is truly amazing that not everyone recognized who the Mother was, not even sometimes those in her own presence. How patient she must have been and had to be.

Re: Re: taken from a letter by Sister Nivedita

RE: "It is truly amazing that not everyone recognized who the Mother was, not even sometimes those in her own presence. How patient she must have been and had to be."

And what about Radhu?

I truly believe that Saints are made from suffering. The Holy Mother knew
all about suffering, after seeing the Master's painful loss of His body from throat cancer.

I'm pretty sure, that Sri Sarada also enjoyed a hearty laugh
every now and then....Radhu would sometimes supply the fuel for that.
'Pure devilment' can be amusing...

And, I believe that Mother is still suffering....and also smiling, too..for she lives in each and every one of us......Om MahaShakti Om