Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Stepping on the tail of a cobra in Mother's Courtyard :)

Jayanti,
I am so glad that you explained this so fully to Tom. It is true that we should not look at the faults of others. I have been thinking on this, and we all have buttons that can be pushed. When you love someone you are very careful not to push them. This
perhaps was my point above about the times when Mother was offended and comparing it with myself. I no longer have buttons, I have land mines. They have been buried so long that I do not even know where they are. Poor fellow above in my original post stepped on one and we were both blown up in the process. I am transferring out of the building to get some distance. He seems very sad.
As I said, thanks for explaining this fully to Tom. I would hate for anyone to feel unwelcome here. May we always follow the promptings that Mother places in our hearts.

Re: Re: Re: Stepping on the tail of a cobra in Mother's Courtyard :)

Sister Rosemary,

Your statement that you "no longer have buttons, I have landmines." -- this is sooooo very familiar!

The best part of the spiritual journey as lead by Vedanta is that these landminds are far from disasters. Rather they are seen as opportunity for us to clear out the garbage. "Garbage" is my term. I have felt like a brimming garbage can at times!

How wonderful it feels, hwever, to be able to examine the cause of out buttons, landmines, and garbage pits while resting in the all-acceptinng lap of the Mother.

It sounds like you were wise to withdraw from the situation. As a swami once explained to me, people often think they must "stick it out" in an uncomfortable situatiion. For a spiritual aspirant this is not always the best approach, because we are being "pushed by our reactions. We often need to back away in order to be able to examine our reactions with out the constant pressure of our reactions.

By Mother's grace, may your new position give you the stace and time to deactivate this particular "landmine."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stepping on the tail of a cobra in Mother's Courtyard :)

Thank you Jayanti,
This is a concise evaluation of my situation, and I appreciate your support in my withdrawing. In my "conversations" with Mother over this, I keep hearing the strong answer that I am doing the right thing. Thanks for verbalizing this to me. I do not think that I could go through this if I did not feel Mother's hand on me.