Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Story time: All for a piece of Loincloth!

I am always amazed at how the Mother works and makes us understand things.

After posting this message I went back to my routine and received an answer (No voice in the sky) I did what I was doing and I saw that it is within the world that we find the Mother. She keeps sending us opportunities to work our way through the world. It is in our daily interactions with people, in the work that we do that the Mother is asking us to find the way and the meaning. It is not running away and turning our backs to the world but the work we are doing is itself the route to freedom and understanding.

I write this when I am inspired and yet tomorrow I will rush to the courtyard with doubts and questions. I guess those doubts will go when realization occurs.

Re: Re: Re: Story time: All for a piece of Loincloth!

Swami Vivekananda said. "you have read - 'Look upon your mother as God; look upon your father as God.' But I say. The poor, the illiterate, the ignorant, the afflicted - let these be your God. Know that the service to these alone is the highest religion."

Yes, dear brother Paritosh,

We are inspired to think a certain way...and then
those old doubts keep creeping back.

When one is firmy committed to the Absolute Concept; having intellectually and emotionally, fully grasped the idea, that we are the 'Living God'; then these doubts will disappear, like the early morning dew in the warm sun.

Best,

Tom
====