Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prayer, Or Mantra to the Holy Mother

Dear Celeste,

When we discover our inherrant Divinity; the notion of God,
being addressed, only in the 'Masculine' context; can be revolting.

However, we must take into consideration, the age-old habits.

Even Sri Ramakrishna often refered to God as 'He' or 'Him'.

The main object of life, in my humble opinion, is to endeavour
to recognize 'the God', that dwells within each and every one of us.
This, in itself, is 'God-Realization' [in the elementary stages].

Gender is of no consequence, when we consider that God is represented
in the Divine Union of Shiva and Shakti.

Om Shanthi Om

Commenting on:

I learned of Kali, Her devotees, Sri Ramakrishna, and Sri Sarada, Through a book "Kali" by Elizabeth U. Harding and from Swami Chetanananda, Ms. Harding's guru. As Ramakrishna exhorted his disciples, I consider Ma Kali to be my own mother. I shared my understanding with an open-minded friend. Some time later, she told me she was teaching her daughter, Sara, (who is alomst two years old) her prayers, as she had been taught: "Our Father who art in Heaven.."
"No, mommy," said little Sara, "Our Mother, who is in ourselves." Her mother, overwhelmed by the insight her daughter had given her, said "Amen". I turned this phrase over in my mind as I did my meditation that night, wanting to know the rest. I unsuccessfully tried to 'finish' it myself, given up when I realized my efforts were clumsy and uninspired. As I was going to sleep, I beleive that the Holy Mother gave the rest to me, and now I give it back to her, upon awaking, before going to sleep, and many times throughout the day. and now I give it back to her here:

Our Mother, who is in ourselves,
Thank you for our food.
Forgive us our mistakes,
And Protect us from harm,
For Yours is the Universe.

with many thanks to the Mother who has given us everything, and my new guru, a 2 year old American girl, named Sara Smith.