Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Here In Mother's Courtyard

Until Recently, Mother's Courtyard felt just that: As if Her children had gathered.

Many wonderful thoughts, stories from various sources, and personal reflections have been posted here. We have helped, encouraged, and inspired one another through the years, all the while remembering that we gather in Mother's presence. We also left a trail that I believe others could later draw meaning and inspiration from.

Let us try to restore this feeling of reference and respect. Until this happens once again, I take up my role as moderator of Holy Mother’s Courtyard forum with a heavy heart and with the hope and prayer to Mother that she may again lift this burden from me.

Yes, to moderate Mother’s Courtyard is a burden. Some posts clearly do not belong. For others, the decision will need be arbitrary. Sometimes, entire threads, containing wonderful posts, may have to be deleted. The act of censoring anything from Mother’s Courtyard is repugnant to me.

Yet, Mother herself offered guidance to those around her and I must both ask for her help and trust that she will give it.

Some fairly new misperceptions need be addressed.

First and foremost, Mother’s Courtyard is a devotee meeting place.

It has neither direct nor indirect connection with either the Ramakrishna Order nor the Sri Sarada Math Order. Nor is it directly or indirectly connected with any Vedanta center, although individual devotees may or not be. It is not the place for posting news announcement about these or other organizations. Neither are these or other organizations typically mentioned except in the broader context of personal experience and spiritual teachings.

As did Mother, Thakur, and Swamiji, may we have reverence for all traditions.

They taught that we should look for the spiritual essence in all things in life, and not get bogged down in details. As Sri Ramakrishna put it, we want to enjoy eating mangos, without asking about how many have been grown or how they are grown or where.

No spiritual story, example, or statement made can be without limitation. If there is to be a discussion, may we seek to find the inspiration rather than to dwell on the limitations. We also want to keep in mind that spiritual teachings mean different things to different people at different stages in life.

May we remember that each of us is exactly where we need to be along the spiritual path.

May we not try to force others to understand from “our perspective”. Our own understanding is limited by the vary fact that we are on the path.

Above all, may we remember that we come to Mother’s Courtyard for the holy company of Mother and of each other.