Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Trials and tribulations

Your post makes me smile. You have got the essence of each life here being connected and each being a part of the whole. There is NO doubt that we are here together in the courtyard and this is no accident. It is the Mother’s way of telling each one of us that we are Her children. It is this relationship of being Mother’s children which gives all of us strength.

I think there is something in the air and I am also feeling burdened. I think Vriju’s post also sheds light on the issue. The compartment analogy by Ramana Maharishi is so wonderful and appropriate. But Rosemary it’s the practice that is tough. We can all discuss the philosophies but the reality is in living the life. As Sri Ramakrishna would say, “The almanac gives you an idea of when it will rain but you cannot get a drop of water by squeezing it” (or something similar not sure of exact words)

But why do you fear? You are Mother’s child aren’t you? How can you even doubt that fact? When you accept that you are Mother’s child then She will take care of you, there is no doubt about that. Her caring about you is a characteristic of Hers’ and is not dependent on you or what you are or how spiritual you are or your past or future. As Mother has told us, Her children “Difficulties come, but they do not last for ever. You will see that they pass away like water under a bridge.”

Mother is with and within each one of us.