Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Story time: Several faces of the ego

Unni, you also reminded me of what Sri Ramana Maharshi used to say. He loved monkeys dearly and used to say that they were teaching us a spiritual lesson: they may seem to gambol or sit quiet, but their minds are always on the fruits, and whatever they may be doing, they go for them as soon as there is a chance.

Re: Story time: Several faces of the ego

Hi Vriju,
I didn't mean it that way. I believe the monkeys will go after fruits only when they are hungry,whereas we should fill ourselves with desire for the divine every moment of our life through pleasure and pain.

Unni

Re: Story time: Several faces of the ego

I'm getting something very different from the original post.
I remember a couple of years ago, I was working a second job in a book store, and a very young girl, maybe 10 or 11 came to me and asked a question. I remember thinking, "Wow, this girl is real" I can't tell you what it was about her. I think it was the way she looked in my eyes, or something about her voice. Her voice especially. And this experience has stayed with me. How often do we meet someone who strikes us as real. For me not often. I believe it is sort of vibrational. Have you ever been with a group of seekers, chanting the sacred syllable, OM, and suddenly the vibrational power becomes very real? It is very different from everyday life, and a little scary (to me). I am so used to the unreal, the posturing and posing and the tonality of untruth. How rare to find someone who strikes you as "Real".