Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The aid of prayer

Thank you for your replies, and yes I am blessed to have such a son.
I can see more and more how Mother has been leading me my whole life. Even as a young girl, there were clues, that are so sacred to me, that as Brother Vriju says, they should not be discussed. But as Mother's love is universal, it is also personal, and I feel it personally, by levels, as my earthly life proceeds.

I love this story...the sweet ones who see an animal hurt or needing something and doing all one can..it's Mother! the girlfriend asking the your son to stop..your son not only stopping, but praying over the squirrel..wow--even as a older man..52, i can get a tear here..Loving Mother is my happiness..Her loving me--that's real grace!

What a beautiful reply, Gary. And to think that after I posted this, I wondered if it were the right thing to do! I almost wished to take it back, because it was a little sacred to me and I didn't know exactly how it would be received. Thank you for your sweet response. Now I know it was the right thing to do.

Re: Re: The aid of prayer

It's funny the way Mother works..I almost didn't reply when I read your note...but I had to..just the pictue it put on my mind was so wonderful.
I am happy to find this 'space' on Mother and Her doings. Here in San Francisco I find a great community of Mother Lovers! So blessed are we to know her, as little as we do, and have the luck to know we have such a Mother!! Jai Ma!!

I personally need this forum very much. I look every day to see if someone has felt inspired to write a little something that lifts the mind to thoughts of Mother.
I have no one here to speak of her. No one at all who would not misunderstand, be baffled, or ridicule.
Therefore, to all who post here, I, at least thank you, as it gives me a few minutes in my day to be edified and turn my thoughts to something higher.
It is my only satsang. Perhaps that is why you hear from me so much.
And thank you, Gary, for your very honest expression.

the Mother's ways

The Mother works in Her own way. I have always felt that. Do not think you are alone Rosemary and no one talks to you about the Mother. That is the wonder of the Mother. You come here and pour your soul and Mother fills it up. Now She may fill it up from a story from Vriju or an insightful concept from Jayanti or Gary may just get the urge at that very time to say write something. While these seem like random acts they all are Mother acting through Her children. If I don’t post someone else will and the work will go on. Her work will be done always. Feel blessed that She has chosen you to be an instrument.

We each are like the peacock in the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna coming for our daily dose of opium. I also visit the courtyard daily to see if someone has posted or not. Looking for some message and some inspirational thought. I would post more often earlier and then somewhere from within I did not feel the inspiration to write but I did come and take part silently in the conversations.

Once Swami Vishudhananda, Mother’s disciple and the 8th President of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission was asked by his disciple who like you and me had no satsang. He lived in a small town in India where there was no other devotee of Sri Ramakrishna and the Mother. So Swami Vishudhananda told him to read books and they (the spiritual books) would be his satsang. Read something everyday a constant dose of medication, like a multivitamin and then there should be some other reading like an antibiotic, which is stronger and more potent but doesn’t need to be taken on a daily basis.

I had always wanted to start a book club here on the web. Would you or anyone else be interested? We could start on the Gospel of the Holy Mother and can work out the details. I did not have this idea when I started to write this post but Mother inspired me to write these words. Think and let us DO something about it…. As Swamiji would tell us “Arise Awake and stop not till your goal is reached”

Dear Brother Paritosh,
I like your idea very much (for a book club). Thanks for all you said in your post. It is helpful.

Rose

Re: Re: The aid of prayer

The let us start the book club. I would like to start with Holy Mother's Gospel. Do you have a preference and do you have the book. My second choice is the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna.

How do you want to discuss it. Once a week? and how many pages?

I would like to hear from others in the courtyard too

Re: Re: Re: The aid of prayer

This is a 'pill' straight from Mother-- I would love to somehow be involved in a book club..How?
I do have the Gospel of Holy Mother..i have two, as a matter of fact..so if anybody needs one..let me know. I can mail it to you. Just let me know how.
She comes now that I need her. Times are pretty weird, now and lots of changes are coming my way..but I am asking Her in my shrine every morning to stay close..or rather, let me see just how close She is to me even without me asking.
'Oh Mother, all is done by Thy sweet will...'
Bless you, Rosemary..being alone with your faith must be rough, but you have found this place..Mother doing Her work!!
Mother's blessing to us all!
Jai Ma!!

Abt the book club

Dear All,
I like the idea of book club very much. There are already lots of books abt mother. We can all post some very illuminating and uplifting thoughts everyday.

Unni

Re: Abt the book club

Since this is the Mother's courtyard I would like to start the book club with Mother's Gospel. I hope Rosemary you can get the book or Maybe Gary can lend you the book.

I have not heard from Jayanti but do not think she would disagree.

Jai Ma