Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: An Analogy

Such an inspiring story and a vivid picture.

However, Mother always has her eye on us, whether we look towards Her or not. The fact that we think about Her is in itself Her Grace. The more we think about Her the more will our minds move away from the world. As Sri Ramakrishna would say "If you move towards the East, the West is automatically further away" and another one "If you take one step towards God He make ten towards you"

Re: An Analogy

This is a very difficult subject to discuss, because we know that Mother has her eye on us all. However, Paritosh, your comment reminds me of a story about the time I started my new job. The girl in the desk in front of me received a phone call and when she said "hello", she let out a noise that could not be identified.
I could not tell if it were hysterical laughter, or a strange shriek. It reminded me of the noise I heard from my neighbor, through the open window, when she found her dog strangled by his lead over a fence.
I knew that something was wrong. I did not know the trouble, but instinctively, I rose from my seat and went to her and put my arms around the back of her shoulders to the front of her and supported her physically. She tremembled and shrieked for several minutes and I, not knowing what else, did what I did.
What we learned, is that her father had been killed in a head on collision with an 8 wheeler truck and was killed instantly. This was her terrible phone call.
Yesterday, it occurred to me, that she had never mentioned or thanked me for supporting her. Perhaps it is too human of me to think of this. Perhaps she does not even realize that I was there holding her up.
I DO remember that one of the tax payers made the effort to tell me that he was glad that I was there.
Humanly, this meant very much to me.
I don't know what all this means in response to your response, Paritosh, but I think that Mother is always there holding us up. Perhaps, we do not even realize
it, in our constant distress. But as we become more conscious of the divine, perhaps she will stay a little closer to us, if we turn and acknowledge her, even when we are not in the midst of our daily troubles. Not being divine myself, I do not know,
but I do know the human side.

Re: Re: An Analogy

You are divine Rosemary, only you are not aware of it. The journey of discovering our divinity is the goal of Spiritual Life. (And I have not reached it)

Mother is not just close to us but within each one of us and when we become more conscious of the divine within us then we automatically feel the depth and power of the relationship with the Mother.

I always feel that we are Mother’s children. If we really understand that fact then nothing else is required in spiritual life. It is like having “shraddha” real faith. Something like Girish Ghosh had about the Master. I wonder if I will ever have that kind of faith?