Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sri Sarada Society

A few days ago, I received the Sri Sarada Society Notes of Winter 2002 and read it again and again. What makes this issue special for me is to see Mother’s work and plans. I feel humbled and think Mother must be smiling at all of us. She does her job and gets it done well.

It always amazes me to see how small projects lead on to wonderful sustaining institutions, a source of inspiration and a place for pilgrimage for some of us who live far away from a Vedanta center here in the US. I come here to the courtyard read and talk with other children, get some energy and move on doing my work.

When these thoughts come to mind I do not know what would be an appropriate response? Convey my gratitude to the Sarada Society and all the people that make it work? Come here to the courtyard and express my feelings in public?

The true feelings are deep within my soul. I look at the Mother, know She has done all of this to take care of me. When the realization comes that this work is Mother reaching out to me it serves as a constant reminder that She is ever present in my life, then there is no gratitude, there is no public thanks there is no known feeling or response. All that remains is the eternal relationship with the Mother, a relationship that bears no name, form or shape; it doesn’t contain any characteristics known to us as humans but results in a deep transformation inside.

Re: Sri Sarada Society

On behalf of Sri Sarada Society, do I thank Paritosh? I do not know. For me, you are all part of whatever service Mother allows us to offer. We are all devotees, her children, and each of us has something to share with others. For a long time, Mother's Courtyard was quiet. Now you have come. Your faith and devotion has made Mother's presence real and tangible. Jai Ma!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

A few days ago, I received the Sri Sarada Society Notes of Winter 2002 and read it again and again. What makes this issue special for me is to see Mother’s work and plans. I feel humbled and think Mother must be smiling at all of us. She does her job and gets it done well.

It always amazes me to see how small projects lead on to wonderful sustaining institutions, a source of inspiration and a place for pilgrimage for some of us who live far away from a Vedanta center here in the US. I come here to the courtyard read and talk with other children, get some energy and move on doing my work.

When these thoughts come to mind I do not know what would be an appropriate response? Convey my gratitude to the Sarada Society and all the people that make it work? Come here to the courtyard and express my feelings in public?

The true feelings are deep within my soul. I look at the Mother, know She has done all of this to take care of me. When the realization comes that this work is Mother reaching out to me it serves as a constant reminder that She is ever present in my life, then there is no gratitude, there is no public thanks there is no known feeling or response. All that remains is the eternal relationship with the Mother, a relationship that bears no name, form or shape; it doesn’t contain any characteristics known to us as humans but results in a deep transformation inside.

Re: Re: Sri Sarada Society

The Mother alone does everything. I see it in the small and big things. I always knew that She did all the BIG jobs, but the wonder and amazement is seeing Her hand and grace in even the small things in life.

Who has given whom more only Mother knows, whether the children have gained more from the courtyard or those who take care of the courtyard have profited more. But if we were to ask Sri Ramakrishna to answer this question he would probably say, “You are here to enjoy the mangoes not to count the trees”. So let us all take the prasad of holy company here in the Mothers courtyard.

May we feel the Mothers presence not only here in the courtyard but more importantly feel Her presence every step of the way in our lives.

Replying to:

On behalf of Sri Sarada Society, do I thank Paritosh? I do not know. For me, you are all part of whatever service Mother allows us to offer. We are all devotees, her children, and each of us has something to share with others. For a long time, Mother's Courtyard was quiet. Now you have come. Your faith and devotion has made Mother's presence real and tangible. Jai Ma!

Replying to:

Re: Re: Sri Sarada Society

Jayanti,

"For a long time the Courtyard was quiet. Now you have come". That sounds so like the quotes of Mother one has read!

The bees are coming...

Love to all.

Replying to:

Replying to: